[Milani Cosmetics] Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatment Review


I was so excited when I saw these Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatments at CVS. What caught my eye are the different scents and the names that comes with it. Come on, with names like, Rejuvenating Peach Mango and Healing Lemon Honey, how can that not grab your attention!


This collection comes with 8 different scents at $8.99 a piece at CVS and Walgreens, but they do retail cheaper on the Milani website. 

The scents I bought are: Rejuvenating Peach Mango (that smells like trolli gummy mangos), Repairing Primrose (that smells like roses), and Revitalizing Grapefruit (that has a tarty sweet smell, but nothing like a grapefruit). 

The oil contains ingredients such as Jojoba, Avocado, and Tsubaki Oil. These oils play a huge role in its moisture levels. The oil is very moisturizing and feel great on the lips. It's not overly thin, and it clings to the lips nicely and smoothly. I don't know if each scents does anything different from each other, despite its name claiming that it does, because I feel that the three scents I do have all do the same thing. They also do not provide the lips with any color, just shine.
These oils are super easy to apply on. The applicator is shaped are your typical doe-foot applicator, but just in a super-large size, and it has a rubbery texture versus the usual fuzzy texture that we are all accustomed to. I don't really understand the ginormous size of the applicator, and it does take up room in the tube. When you take it out, you see that the oil only fills up about a third of the tube, which I find to be a total scam. However, the applicator does fit nicely on the lips, and because of the size, the application process is super easy and quick, which is great since the oil wears off after a few hours of wear. Another thing I want to mention that I find kind off gross about the rubbery texture of the applicator is that if you have any dry skin on the lips, the skin can end up stuck on the applicator.

I do like these lip oils and they work nicely, but I also feel that this product is a bit gimmicky, with its fancy names and the silly oversized applicator. I won't be purchasing more, but I will definitely enjoy what I do have. 

Have you tried these Oil Lip Treatments yet? What do you think about them? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review