20% Water Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics!

This Tarte Rainforest By the Sea Water Foundation is made up of 20% water! Guess what?!
I really like it!

Tarte claims this $39.00 foundation is a "lightweight, 12-hr wear, full-coverage, hydrating foundation infused with Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea complex, with SPF 15 that covers and masks redness and discoloration while softening the look of pores and fine lines."

Tarte Claims this to be a very hydrating foundation. To be completely honest, it's not that moisturizing, which is perfect for my skin type (Oily-Combination). It also dries to a very comfortable satin-matte finish. So for my Oily-Combination skin peeps out there that have been wanting to try this foundation but was turned off by the "hydrating" claims, well be relieved to know, this foundation is not as hydrating as Tarte leads it to be. 

Let's talk about the packaging a little bit. The bottle itself is beautiful. The problem I have is the dropper. I know that a dropper allows for more control when dispensing the product, but I find it hard to use mine. The Tarte dropper is not the typical squeeze top dropper, instead it is activated by a bottom, and my button would get stuck from time to time, making it hard for my hold onto the dropper when using it. Long-story short, I rather have a pump...but then again...pumps jam too...oh the struggle.


My favorite tool to apply this with is a beauty sponge, but a foundation brush works just a good. I do love the finish this foundation gives my skin. My skintone is evened out, but my real skin can still be seen through the foundation so the overall look is very natural. The foundation also keeps my oils at bay quite nicely. At the end of the day, my skin is left with a nice glow versus a greasy mess. So this foundation wears very well throughout the day. I only had a little creasing around my nose area, but the rest of my face, the foundation looked great. No patchiness, no wear, it's pretty awesome!

Have you tried this Tarte Water Foundation yet? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to read more reviews on TARTE COSMETICS Products!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review