Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer...Is it worth the hype?

Hello everyone! It's been a long minute since the launch of the Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer. Boy, did this product launch off! Everyone and their grandma has raved about it, how it was the best brightening concealer of the year. This concealer is so popular that Tarte claims, 1 is sold every 26 seconds! So of course I "eventually" picked it up, due to my increasing curiosity. 

I have put it to the test for a about a week now, and here are my thought on this "magical" Shape Tape Concealer.
I want to quickly point out that there is a learning curve with this concealer. You know how on YouTube, all the big beauty influencers just slather on this concealer, like really slap it on. Well, I learned that form of application was not for me, unless I want to look like I have ten layers of heavy makeup on my face. 

Tarte Cosmetics claim this $25.00 Concealer is a "full-coverage concealer that instantly brightens, smooths, and shapes the skin". Let me tell you, it is FULL-COVERAGE indeed. A very little goes a long, long, and even longer way. It took me four tries before I figured out which tool works best with the concealer, and the amount of concealer that is right for me. The texture of the concealer is surprisingly thin and silky for such a full-coverage concealer.


I apply it with a damp beauty sponge, and use the sponge to dab as little as possible around my eye area, and then blend the product out like there's no tomorrow. This is not a quick concealer to work with. In order for the product to not look creasy or heavy, I need to take my time at dabbing and bouncing with my beauty sponge until the product is sheared out perfectly.


However, all that work is worth the end results. This concealer does create a wonderful brightening, air-brushed look around the eyes. The skin where the concealer concealed, looks smooth and flawless. It also sits very comfortably on the skin. It has ingredients such as, shea butter, mango seed butter, and licorice root extract to keep the concealer elastic and bright on the skin, so the concealer won't dry or crease. The concealer did wear very well throughout the day. I still get slight creasing where the folds of my skin are deepest, but overall, the brightness stayed true all day.  Tarte also claims that this concealer sets to a matte where you do not need to set with a powder. I beg to differ. If I don't set the concealer, it will crease worse than it already does. 

Now was this concealer worth the hype? For me, my answer is simply no. I would have preferred an easier concealer to work with. The end result is beautiful, but in order to achieve that flawless finish, I need to spend a good twenty minutes on blending the product out. I also do not like the oversize dough-foot applicator. Because of the cupping design at the end, and the humongous size, I can not use it to apply the product directly on my face because it applies way too much. I would have preferred the regular dough-foot applicator. 

What I am curious about that I noticed that no one tried with this "CONTOUR" Concealer, is how well does it contour. Everyone seems to just use this as an eye brightener and concealer. So I think I will do a part two review on this concealer and see how I like this product as a cream contour. 
Wish me luck!

Have you tried this Tarte Shape Tape yet? Was it worth the hype for you? Let me know in the comments! I would love to know your opinion!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to read more reviews on TARTE COSMETICS PRODUCTS.

Comments

  1. Lovely review !
    Looks like a great product !
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2017/07/mon-bloganniversaire-concours-international-my-bloganniversary-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review