Happy 80th Anniversary Physicians Formula!!

Wow guys, 80 years! That is a long time! And the 80th Anniversary Collection is just beautiful! Take a look at these!


Physicians Formula has brought back fan favorites, including the Brand's first product, the Hypoallergenic Lipstick!

But before we get into the makeup, let's first look into how Physicians Formula was created. The story behind it is actually really sweet. Physicians Formula was created in 1937 by a Allergist named Dr. Frank Crandall. His beloved wife suffered from a disease called lupus and she had extremely sensitive skin, so he wanted to create products that would cater to her needs. So Physicians Formula was create through love, and the products that Physicians Formula shells out each year has not lost its touch. 

Now let's look at the collection. 

Let's look at Physicians Formula's first product, the Hypoallergenic Lipstick! This Lipstick comes in four different shades, but I decided to get Red Rouge, the Classic Red Lipstick. These lipsticks cost $6.95 each.


I love the formula. The lipstick glided on opaque, creamy and vibrant, just beautiful. It is also long-wearing, and comfortable to wear. The only thing I did not like is the way the lipstick is shaped. It definitely has an old-school, retro lipstick shape, and it was just odd. Let's just say there is a learning carve on using this lipstick. Other then that, I love this formula, and hope that Physicians Formula will bring back their lipsticks because these are good!


Next I want to talk about the Le Velvet Foundation because this is also a great product, but I unfortunately bought the wrong shade that turns me pink! (The horrors of trying to find your foundation match online!) 


This foundation is a creamy, medium-to-full coverage foundation at $12.95. There are four shades to choose from, and I believe the one I bought (Ivory) is the lightest shade available, and this foundation did oxidize on me to a darker and more pinker color, so if you are lighter than my skintone, I'm sorry to say, you will not be finding a color that will match you. 

I have used a foundation brush, as well as a beauty sponge to apply this foundation. I find the beauty sponge works the best at smoothing out the foundation and making sure there is no cakey patches. Despite the color, the foundation gave my skin a beautiful airbrushed look. The foundation did set to a satin finish, and it wore great for the majority of the day. So not a bad formula at all, just the wrong shade.

Now let's talk about my favorite of the four products, the Eyeshadow Quad. There are two quads to choose from, a nude and a plum one. Of course I decided to pick of the nude quad called Classic Nudes at $7.95. 

What makes this simple eyeshadow quad amazing? The shimmer shadows. They have a creamy texture that applies on super opaque and shimmery. They look almost wet on the lids, like a foil shadow. The other two shadows, a matte brown and a satin beige, are also easy to work with. There are two distinct looks you can do with this palette since the shimmers do not go well with each other; one has a gold tone and the other has a silver tone. That being said, this eyeshadow quad makes great go-to party looks.

And finally but not least, we have the Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls. Now this product is not new, but the shade, "Pearl" is and it is limited edition, retailing at $10.95.

This is the only product I did not like very much in this collection. The highlighter color is pretty, the shine is bright, and the powder blends, so what's the problem you ask? It has a lot of glitter in it. I for one, do not like having chunky silver glitter scattered all over my face. However, as an inner corner highlight on the eyes, or an eyeshadow topper, this product is beautiful, but I still would have liked to enjoy it on my cheekbones and nose as well. 

So there that is the entire Physicians Formula 80th Anniversary Collection! Have you picked anything up from this collection yet? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to see more review on PHYSICIANS FORMULA makeup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review