CoverGirl TruNaked Eyeshadow Palettes...Is it a Dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes?

Hi everyone! Meet Covergirl's $11.49 eyeshadow palette collection that claims to contain eyeshadows that look like leading $50.00 palettes in the beauty market. These are the TruNaked Eyeshadow Palettes. The three originals are the Nudes (warm browns and beiges colors), Roses (pink rosey colors), and Goldens (cool-tone browns and olive colors) Palettes, but Covergirl has recently come out with the TruNaked Jewels Eyeshadow Palette, which consist of a few colorful shades along side your usual neutral shadows.

These images were taken from CoverGirl's and Ulta Beauty's Website.
Initially when I first used these palettes, I bashed them quite hard on their quality. Then I realize I was being a bit unfair because I was comparing them to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes that everyone and their grandma are saying that these Covergirl Tru Nakeds are dupes for. But Covergirl never claimed their shadows to be as high quality as high-end brands like Urban Decay. They only claim that their shadows are similar in color, not identical, just similar.

Even though Covergirl never named any names of which $50.00 eyeshadow palettes they are claiming to have like-colors to, but if you put these palettes side-by-side to the Urban Decay Naked 1, 2 & 3 palettes, the similarities are undeniable. The Nudes Palette is similar to the Naked 1, the Goldens is similar to Naked 2, and the Roses is similar to Naked 3. I only bought the Goldens and Roses Palettes, and after swatching both brands, I was only able to find one to two dupes from each palette that are near identical to the shadows found within the Urban Decay palettes. So I can't really say that these eyeshadow palettes are a full on dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes.


Now moving on...let's take a look at the two Covergirl Palettes I have!

The TruNaked Goldens Eyeshadow Palette, $11.49.
This palette consist of your cool-tone browns and olive shades. The quality is a hit or miss depending on each shadows. The darker shades are a bit tough to blend, which is why I prefer to use them as an eyeliner than an eyeshadow. The matte shades are a bit powdery and are on the sheer side, but overall, these shadows are fun to play with.
 Names of each shadow from (Left to Right):
Creme, Chiffon, Cookie Biscuit, Sunkissed, Camel, Ginger, Ecru, Sierra.

My Favorite colors are Chiffon and Sunkissed. They make perfect finishers for any eye look. They apply well, and give the most pretty sparkle on the eyes, especially Sunkissed.

RELATED POST: Covergirl TruBlend Liquid Foundation Review

 The TruNaked Roses Eyeshadow Palette, $11.49
I enjoy the colors in this palette a lot more than the ones in the Goldens palette, which is not surprising since the Urban Decay Naked3 is my favorite out of all the Naked Palettes. However, I find that these shadows are a bit harder to work with than the Goldens palette, especially that dark black-red shadow at the end called Mousse. Mousse applied quite sheer despite how dark it looks in the pan, so I had to pack a lot on the lids to create that opaqueness I wanted with my look, and every time I tried to blend the shadow, the shadow's vibrancy just disappears and I end up having to start all over with packing on the color.

The same thing happens with most of the darker shadows.
 Names of each shadow from (Left to Right):
Almond, Champagne, Baby, Rose Gold, Copper Rose, Dusk, Mauvergine, Mousse.

Like I said before, I like these colors a lot more than the Goldens Palette, but these shadow do not perform as well. Color-wise, my favorites are definitely the first four colors, especially Champagne, who makes such a beautiful inner corner highlight or a shadow topper!
If you are looking for high-end quality shadows, then shell out that $50.00 to get that quality. You will not be getting it here. I mean you are paying only $1.77 per gram! While you are paying $3.46 per gram of eyeshadow in an Urban Decay Naked Palette.

However, these palettes will definitely give you high-end eye looks because these colors are truly beautiful. You will definitely be able to create many exquisite eye looks (just be patient and mindful of fall out). 

Have you tried out these TruNaked Eyeshadow Palettes yet? What are your thoughts on them? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review