Covergirl TruBLEND Blushes Review

I was pleasantly surprised by these blushes. These are Covergirl's newest blushes, TruBLEND Blushes. It comes in three different color, each gears towards a different skintone; light skin tones (Light Rose #100), medium skin tones (Medium Rose #200), and deep skin tones (Deep Mauve #300).


Obviously I didn't bother to follow Covergirl's suggestion in going with the one that would fit me the best, which happens to be Medium Rose #200, since the ones I bought were everything but the Medium Rose. I should have followed the rules...and here's why...

The Light Rose is too light to really show up on my skin. It actually looks like a highlight on me but it is also too pink to be a proper highlight. So I use it as a blush topper, as in a highlight for my blush, and it works incredible as that. It adds the most beautiful iridescent sheen to the cheeks that really gives the face a youthful glow.


Now the Deep Mauve is too deep for my skin tone, and it also doesn't help that it is so pigmented! It is definitely a beautiful berry mauve color, but I have to be extremely careful and only apply a dab on the cheeks before blending it out like crazy. That is the only way I can wear it. If I do it just right, the results are beautiful, natural blushing cheeks.


Overall, these are great quality blushes. They are smooth, pigmented, and blends like a dream. It leaves the cheeks with an airbrush wash-of-color. Just be smart, unlike me, and actually buy the one that fits your skintone. Covergirl did create a blush for each range of skin tones for a reason.

To be honest, I am a bit curious to see how perfect the Medium Rose will look on me.

Happy Wandering! Alice.

Click, to learn more about other Covergirl TurBLEND Makeup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review