[Holiday 2016] Besame Brightening Setting Powders Review

I love skin brightening makeup. I already have too many for just one person to use up in one lifetime, but what can I say, makeup is an obsession. So when I heard of Besame's Brightening Setting Powders, I really wanted to try them, and the packaging is so adorable. (High fives for cute packaging! Just take my money now.)

Luckily, my craving for Besame makeup started around the holiday season, and I was able to get my hands on this awesome trio set. I bought this Brightening Setting Powder at Sephora set for $25.00, and it consists of three 0.1 oz powders in shifter containers. A full size retails at $22.00 for 0.21 oz each. So I think I got a pretty good deal here. 


As you can see, this set comes with three of Besame's Brightening Setting Powders. The only two missing are the darker shades of the Vanilla Setting Powder (the red container), meaning, I was able to try out all the different powders for just $25.00! 

Let's look at each individual powder.
The Vanilla powder is perfect as an all over face powder. It has a matte finish, so you do get that old hollywood, matte glam-look, especially if you set your foundation with it. It has a nice subtle vanilla scent that makes the application process one sweet experience. There are two other shades for this powder, French Vanilla, for medium skin tones, and Vanilla Chai, for dark skin tones. This Vanilla shade that comes in this set is for light to medium skin tones.

Now let's talk about my favorite of the three powders, the Violet Brightening Setting Powder.
This powder truly brightens your skin. It's the only one that has a natural finish, while the rest are matte finishes. One of the ways I like to use this powder is as a highlighting powder, especially on days when I don't want shimmer on my skin but still want my cheekbones to pop. I also love using it on the areas under the eyes when I do not feel like using foundation or concealer.  It really works at brightening up the under eye area, which makes it perfect for those "no makeup" makeup days!

Now finally, the Vanilla Rose Brightening Setting Powder. This one has the sweet scent of roses...and it's pretty.
To be perfectly honest, I don't reach for this powder as much as I would like to. Even though pink is great to counteract green and blue tones (usually found under the eyes), I prefer the violet powder to brighten up the skin around the eyes. I was hoping this powder would work as a brightening blush, but the powder is too translucent for that. I am sure I will find a way to use it, if not, my cousin would love to have it. Either way, the quality of the powder is beautiful, soft, and it creates a beautiful finish on the skin like the rest of the two powders.

I am so happy with this set! These are beautiful powders that feel wonderful on the skin. They are lightweight but provides a wonderful finish. I do see myself buying a full size of the Vanilla and Violet finishing powder in the future. This set also makes a great little gift for your mom, aunt or grandma because of its old school vibes. 

Have you tried out these vintage inspired powders from Besame? How do you like them? Let me know in the comments! 

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!


Comments

  1. Omg where did you get these??? 😲😲😲😲 I need these their so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review