[Holiday 2016] Tarte Kiss Bliss Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint & Crayon Set Review

This is such a neat Holiday Lip set! It comes with 5 Deluxe Tarteist Lip Crayons and 5 Deluxe Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paints. This retails at $46.00 with a value of $70.00. It didn't take me a lot of convincing to place an order despite the mass amount of negative reviews on the Sephora website. The complaints were mostly geared toward the lip liners. Many stated that the liners were dry, have no pigment, and crumble easily.


At first I thought I got lucky and received the rare set that contained the good lip crayons...but after trying the lip liners a little bit more, I found four out of the five lipliners to have a dry, cream texture versus the creamy, slick textures I am familiar with in lipliners. They are still pigmented, but they dragged along my lips rather than glided. They also felt drying to the lips.

The Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paints are a bit nicer. They have a thick mousey-texture that provide the lips with long-lasting, full coverage color. They do last longer if layered on top of the lip liner.

The only color that gave me some issue is Fomo (the purple mauve). I had to layer it on a couple of times because it did apply on quite streakily, but it still worked out at the end. 


Both of these products contain mineral pigments that are suppose to nourish the lips. However, it's a bit hard to feel that nourishment when they are a bit drying to the lips. Despite this dryness, I still find these matte lip products to be comfortable to wear. They do not restrict the elasticity of the lips, which I find incredibly odd. These products do accentuate dry patches on your lips, so remember to exfoliate and moisturize before use!


Here are the swatches of each lip liner (left) and lip paint (right). As you can see, the lip liners' colors coordinate well with the lip paints. In fact they are the exact same color which is really nice and convenient. They are the perfect pair in contouring the lips with the lip crayon before intensifying the color with the lip paint. These coordinating colors are what make this set so special and worth the purchase.


 Deluxe Tarteist Lip Crayons (Left to Right): Thirsty (red), Rage (mauve), Vibes (deep berry), Queen (raspberry), Meme (deep nude)

Deluxe Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paints (Left to Right): Bae (red), Fomo (mauve), Chill (deep berry), Inso (raspberry), Fab (deep nude)

I am so curious to see if the full size products will perform the same as the ones from this holiday set. Judging from the reviews online, it seems that the lipliners are different, but the lip paints are the same. I guess the only way to find out is to test them out myself.

Whether there is a difference with the formulas or not, I still do like this set. I love the fact that there is a little bit of everything. You have a red, a deep mauve, a nude, a pink, and a fuchsia. Each color is beautiful, rich and matte. 

I do want to end this post with an honest statement though, and that is, these are not the best high end liquid lipsticks I have tried, but I am glad to have these in my collection.

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review