[Holiday 2016] Tarte Tartelette Tease Review

I'm on the hunt for the perfect travel eyeshadow palette. I want something that is easy to use (as in shadow blendability), have beautiful colors, and is compacted enough to not take up too much space since I want to be able to carry all my belongings on the plane with me.  

RELATED LINK: My Travel Channel "WANDERLUSTWITHALICE"

So when I saw this tartelette tease palette for $21.00, I knew I had to try it. I have heard a lot of great things about Tarte Eyeshadows, so this small, mini palette was the perfect opportunity to try a new brand, and to check off something I "needed" in my travel list. 


This is a six-pan mini eyeshadow palette full of Tarte's famous signature Amazonian Clay formula. It consist of 4 mattes and 2 lusters eyeshadows. It is also packaged in a sturdy cardboard package that is extremely compact, but still has a good size mirror in it. It is the perfect travel size for me.


Here are the names and swatches of all six colors.
Starting from the top left: Whisper (Matte Light Pink), Crush (Taupe Shimmer), Heartbreaker (Matte Brown), Wink (Matte Light Mauve), First Kiss (Mauve Shimmer), BFF (Matte Plum).

In my opinion, I feel that there are too many mattes. I know, I know, I must be the only one that will complain about too many mattes. However, I feel with a on-the-go palettes like this one, there is no need for two extremely dark shades. So instead of "bff", I would have preferred a champagne, rosy luster shadow. Something for an inner corner highlight.


I also find that the eyeshadows are extremely soft, highly pigmented but soft. Because of how soft the eyeshadows are, it is easy to pick up too much product with an eyeshadow brush or your finger. If you are not careful, you may apply a lot more than you desire. Luckily, they are easy to blend and fuse together, so you won't have any harsh lines to your looks.

Other than that, I find these eyeshadows to be quite wonderful. This makes a great little stocking stuffer as well. 

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review