[Holiday 2016] Marc Jacobs The (Nude)ist Show

How cute is this Marc Jacobs lip set? This comes with two mini-size lipsticks of Marc Jacobs Nudes Sheer Gel Lipsticks in Role Play and Screen Play, as well as, a deluxe sample of Marc Jacobs (P)outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(Rose).

This would make a sweet stocking stuffer for a makeup lover. I mean, I would personally be excited to see this in my stocking on Christmas morning.

There were two reasons why I bought this. One, I had always wanted to try Marc Jacobs' Makeup Line ever since it came out a few years ago. Two, with this set I will be able to test out two of his products for only $28.00! Because Marc Jacobs has luxury prices, I had always shy away from making a purchase, especially when I did not know if I would like the product or not. 

So what have I a learned about these two products? 

Well for one thing, the Nudes Sheer Gel Lipsticks are beautiful! Both in the color category as well as the formula. Here are the swatches!




Even though it has the word "sheer" in its name, I find these lipsticks to be quite opaque. They glide on the lips with ease thanks to their gel formula, and they are highly comfortable to wear! Too bad they won't last after a meal. Just don't eat or drink for several hours and you would be good. (JK!)


The lip liner on the other hand did not impress me. First impression-wise was not good. When I first opened the pencil the whole product fell out of its casing which usually means that the product has dried a bit. The dryness was apparent when I applied the lipliner to the lips. The (P)outliner Longwear Lip Pencil is suppose to have a gel-like formula, similar to the lipstick, so it should glide smoothly on the lips, but this one sort-of dragged.


However, the color is beautiful. My kind of nude. I wish I didn't get a dud so I could have a true experience with Marc Jacobs' lipliner.

Despite the dud lipliner, I am still very happy with the lipsticks. I love how moisturized my lips feel. The color Screen Test is a bit too light for my skin tone, but when paired with the lipliner, the color is perfect. So I will definitely be using all three products. 

What is on your stocking stuffers list this year? Feel free to share in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Click for more Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits Review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review