Tarte Double Duty Beauties Discovery Set

Hey everyone! I am here with another Holiday Set to share with you all. From the 25+ Holiday Sets Tarte Cosmetics have come out with this year, this set, Double Duty Beauties Discovery Set, is the one I decided to purchase, and I do not regret my decision at all.


I purchased this set at Ulta for $36.00, but this have the retail value of $79.00.
(Great place to see how these products apply and what the colors look like)

This sets include two full size products: the Tarte Blush & Glow Blush & Highlighter "Pink Champagne" and the Tarte The Lip Architect Lipstick & Liner "Delightful", and two deluxe products: the Tarte Sweet Tarte Fragrance and the Tarte Man-eater Voluptuous Mascara. 


The Man-eater Voluptuous Mascara really surprised me with how good it is. I never had much luck with Tarte Mascaras in the past, but this mascara gave me a beautiful, separated and lengthy lash look, and it smudges a the very end of the day...about 7-8 hours of wear, which is not bad. The Sweet Tarte Fragrance has a sweet floral and warm vanilla scent to it, but it is not a scent that I haven't smelled before. The scent also does not last more than four hours. I will enjoy what I have, but I will not be purchasing a full-size after. The Lip Architect Lipstick & Liner is a nice 2-in-1. The lipliner and lipstick glides on easily and opaquely on the lips, and the formula last surprisingly long as well. However, I do feel that the lipliner is a bit obsolete in this product since the formula of the liner feels extremely similar to the lipstick, and they are almost the same size in thickness too. The lipstick is about one or two centimeters thicker than the lipliner, so the lipstick is basically a lipliner. Just my opinion. Now the star of this set is the Pink Champagne, Blush & Glow Blush & Highlight Duo. I love the soft pinky-nude the blush gives to my cheeks, and the champagne highlight is soft but gives the cheeks a beautiful sheen. Both of these powders blend effortlessly, and they last on the face all day long. I am a fan of this duo!

What are your thoughts on this fun set from Tarte Cosmetics? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click to read more reviews on Holiday Makeup Sets & Kits!

Comments

  1. I agree with you on the fragrance and lipliner... It's a super cute set, but definitely I would prefer other sets instead, like the Smashbox ones and Clinique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review