Em Cosmetics: Get Started with Em package Deal review


What a sweet deal!

Lip Gallery Creamy Color Classic Lipstick + waterliner intense color eyeliner + Deluxe sample of Life Palette = $27.50

Originally the Lip Gallery Lipstick retails at $16.50 and the Eyeliner retails at $20.00, so getting both for only $27.50 + Tax, and get three shadows and a lip color from one of the life palettes is a steal.

And boy, I was a satisfied customer.








The sample life palette I got was from the "Day Life Palette", look 4. At first I did not like the shadows. They were not as pigmented as I would like. Dark colors like these, I expect great color payoff. 

Then, I realized that this life palette was geared towards the everyday woman. And usually, our days consists of work or school, errands and being at home, so technically, on a daily basis, we don't wear much makeup at all. So with that in mind, it was understandable that the shadows were on the subtle side. 

Also, I really enjoy how these colors look together. They compliment each other very well, and they also compliment my skin tone and complexion very well. So at the end of the day, I had fallen in love with these shades. However, the question is, did it convince me that I need a "Day Life Palette" in my life? 

Well, no. However, I am interested in the line's Shade Play Palettes, especially in the Los Angeles Purples, and the London Greys ($38.00). 


The Waterliner intense color eye liner in Black Night ($20.00)

This works on my Waterline! It is one of the very few waterproof liners that do, and because of this, I am thinking about purchasing a few more colors, even though there are a few issues I had with this liner. 

The liner glides on effortlessly on the waterline, however, on my skin-skin, it does need a little more work or strokes to get that intense black line that I like. It is soft but not as creamy at the Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liners, or the Urban Decay 24hr Glide-on eye pencils, or the Milani Liquif' Eye liner Pencils. 

The rubbery smudger on the end of the pencil is also useless for me. I only used it twice, and it seems to be falling apart on me already. I also find that the liner sets really fast, so once it does, there is not point in trying to smudge out the liner or it will crumble. 

Also, throughout the day, it does smudge a little, but not too bad that it is a deal breaker. 



Lip Gallery Creamy Color Classic Lipstick in "Kiss Me"

I love this orangey-red color! It compliments my complexion so well, and it makes my teeth look a lot whiter than it is, which is a bonus! 

Even though this is the perfect red for me, I am actually not interested in repurchasing, or trying out any more of these lipsticks, and here is why.

It applies on creamy and opaque, however, it stains your lips very unevenly. It seems that the lipstick sinks into the lines of your lips, and stays there, while on the rest of your lips, it fades away, giving your lips the illusion of wrinkled lips or as if your don't know how to apply on lipstick. It was just too noticeable for me, and the idea of being seen in public with such discolored lips just makes me shiver. It is just not one of those lipstick where you can skip on exfoliating, moisturizing, and lip lining your lips before application. For a $16.50 lipstick, I expect this lipstick to not need any extra step to be perfect. 

So overall, I am quite impressed with Michelle Phan's makeup line. I will be purchasing more, so stay tuned for more reviews in the near future!

I do recommend taking advantage of any deals, for the products are a bit pricey. I do think the waterliner is worth the $20.00, but the lipstick should drop down a bit.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review