[Too Faced] White Chocolate Chip Eyeshadow Palette Review

Believe it or not, this is my first Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was always an Urban Decay Naked lover, and would rather fork over my money for the latest Naked Palette than the latest Chocolate Bar Palette. So I was so glad that Too Faced has finally come out with a mini Chocolate Palette! About time! 

Too Faced has come out with two mini palettes at $26.00 a piece. They each consist of 10 small-pan shadows and 1 large-pan shadow. The one I did not buy is the Chocolate Chip that contains all matte shadows with a few jewel tones scattered in it. What I have before you today is the White Chocolate Chip that consists of pastel colors and glitter shadows with a few mattes mixed in it.


There are a lot of complaints on these two palettes. Avid Chocolate Bar lovers claim these shadows are nothing like the quality found in the regular Chocolate Bar Palettes. They claim that the Chocolate Chip shadows were not pigmented, were chalky and overall, disappointing. Despite the disappointment, I decided to get it anyways. I thought, since I never had any prior experience with this collection, I wouldn't be too biased towards these minis since I don't have anything to compare them to.

And I rate this eyeshadow palette as average. 

It definitely has some beautiful colors. Take a look at the colors within this palette. 


Swatches Time!

(Left to Right) Glaze (a matte white), Ambrosia (soft matte, warm beige), Exotica (frosty warm beige), Pearl Candy (frosty icicle white), Raspberry Rose (Rosy Pink with gold shift), Indulge (shimmery taupe), Guilt-Free (matte, grey-tone cool taupe), Cake Batter (warm matte, peach brown), Cookie Dough (semi-matte chestnut with gold shimmer), Sugared Raisin (Frosty Mauve Berry), and Black Sugar (semi-matte, black with silver shimmer).

I can see why people feel this particular palette lacks in pigmentation. All the tones in this palette are on the fair side, and most of them would not show up on darker skin tones. Luckily, I am on the lighter side, and am able to see the color pay off on my lids.


Besides the fact that a few shadows do lack in quality, (Black Sugar is a prime example on applying splotchy), my biggest problem is the cohesiveness of the overall palette. Although, there are quite a few delightful highlights and shimmer toppers available in this palette, I feel that this palette is lacking a good transition color to tie different looks together. I find myself always having to reach for another shadow elsewhere to complete my looks, and I believe you shouldn't have to do that with an eyeshadow palette that contains 11 shades. 

However, this is a great introductory Chocolate Bar Palette to see if this line is worth looking further into. $26.00 is easier to commit to than $49.00. Am I interested in exploring Too Faced's Chocolate Bar line? At the moment, I am still undecided.

How about you? Are you a Too Faced Chocolate Bar fanatic? If so, tell me why in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review