Milani Eye Liquid-Like Eyeliner Pencil (Mechanical)

I wasn't a huge fan of their "Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eyeliner" in pencil form when I tried them out years back when they are all the rage. Everyone was comparing the pencil to the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners, which was the reason on why I tried them to begin with. They smudged so badly within an hour of wear that I had to put them away for good.

Then I saw these "The Liquid Eye Liquid-like Eyeliner Pencils" in the mechanical/retractable version and wondered if it was the same smudge crazy formula I had tried years back, or has Milani changed their formula since then? So I picked up the black and blue liners to find out.

These are gel-based pencils that glides on the lash line effortlessly and intensely. I quite enjoyed how easy it was to apply these liners. The true test is to see if it will smudge, especially on the lower lash line since that is where my liners smudge the most. And guess what!

THERE WAS NO SMUDGING WHEN APPLIED ON THE UPPER LASH LINE & ON THE LOWER LASH LINE IT SMUDGED JUST A LITTLE WHICH MAKE THEM INCREDIBLE!

Here are the swatches of the two colors I have purchased. You can see how opaque the colors are.
The black eyeliner is matte, while the blue is a shimmery cobalt blue.


The eyeliner lasted a long time on the eyes. The color stayed opaque and it was easy to remove with an eye makeup remover. I wouldn't say that these are waterproof, but in light rain they can be quite water resistant, but I do not recommend going swimming with them on. 

Overall, I am loving these eyeliners. The great thing about them being retractable is that you don't have to sharpen it, however, one of the negative things about retractable liners is that they can dry out easily. I guess there is something good and bad in any type of packaging.

What is your favorite gel-like pencil eyeliner? Any I should try? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review