My LookBook: Week Back from the Holidays (5 days + 5 Looks)

So the Holiday Season is officially over, and coming Monday is back to real life, back to work, back to school, back from the festivity. It's heartbreaking, I know, but this coming Monday is also a start of the first full week of the New Year. It's full of possibilities, full of hope, and full of excitement.


So today, I present to you 5 outfit ideas to help conquer the first week back, either you are part of the work force or you are still in school (of course, these may not work in different work/school environments). I hope you find this helpful, and I hope you like the outfits I chose! 
GOOD TO KNOW: All the outfits are based around two bases: A white Base (consisting of White Shirt & White Jeans) and a Black Base (consisting of a Black shirt & Black woven tights).

Monday:
Black, White, & Shades of Gray

Sometimes it's hard to find the right outfit to start off the week with, so I thought what's easier than pairing Black, White, & Gray pieces together. All these colors go well together, so there should be  no reason to look uncoordinated. I chose these pieces because they are comfortable and together they look put together, but not too serious, because we are still high on fun.

Where I bought the pieces: White Shirt (Forever 21), White Jeans (A&F), Black Cardigan (Forever 21), Structured Bag (Forever 21), Scarf (Target), Boots (Charlotte Russe)

Tuesday:
Chunky Sweater 

Have I told you that I have an unhealthy love for chunky sweaters this winter? Well, now you know, so I had to dedicate one day to the Chunky Sweaters. One of my favorite ways to wear chucky sweaters are with collared shirts. I just find the combination to be a classic and profession looking, yet playful at the same time. If you want to feminize the look, add a chunky necklace.

Where I bought the pieces: White Button up (Papaya), White Jeans (A&F), Sweater (forever 21), Necklace (Forever 210), Boots (Charlotte Russe)

Wednesday: 
The Plaid Dress

This is my favorite outfit of the five. It just looks so Gossip Girl! I love it. I love how sophisticated and youthful the overlook is. Of course the heels are quite impractical for walking around all day, so switch them out with some black ankle booties and you are good to go. 

Where I bought the pieces: Black Shirt (forever 21), Black tights (forever 21), Plaid Dress (forever 21), Purse (forever 21), Belt (H&M), Heels (Bakers)
Thursday:
Chic Toughness

I don't know about you but Thursdays can be brutal, and it is definitely because Friday is just around the corner. So to get through Thursday, we need to toughen up, so we need that extra something in our outfit to help us out, and what toughens up a look better than leather?! Now let's go kick Thursday's bootie!

Where I bought the pieces: White Shirt (forever 21), White Jeans (A&F), Jacket (???), Boots (Charlotte Ruse), Necklace (forever 21), Earrings (Boutique in Carmel, CA)

Friday:
Dress Up Day

Let's end Friday with a bang! So let's dress it up in a dress! Make sure the dress is appropriate for the office or school! I love the print on this dress, it's loud but not obnoxious because the black base really mellows it out while allowing the print to shine. To amp things up, a bold-colored coat will turns heads as you walk in the room, but things will calm down once you take it off.

Where I bought the pieces: Black Shirt (forever 21), Black Tights (forever 21), Dress (forever 21), Trench Coat (Old Navy), Heels (Bakers)

And that is a wrap! Time to enjoy the weekend! I hope you enjoyed this post!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review