Collections: Drugstore Mascaras Overview - L'oreal, Physicians Formula, e.l.f, Rimmel & More

Hi everyone! Today is all about mascaras! Affordable, drugstore mascaras to be exact. In the past few months I have purchased way more mascaras than the average person needs, and I have also been testing them out to finally share with you my thoughts about them. 


*Please note* Not all products work the same on different people. I, personally have short, straight lashes that need a little help in the volume department. 

 Watch a full video review on my YouTube channel (link is provided): 

(Working from my least favorites to my favorites)

#8) Kleancolor "Baby Got Volume" Mascara

 I found this brand at my local Daiso Japan for a $1.50, which is an amazing deal. It would have been the surprise steal of the year if it turned out to be an amazing product. Unfortunately it is not. The formula is so thin that it doesn't do anything to my lashes, no lengthening, no volumizing, no defining, nothing.




#7) e.l.f Essential Lengthening & Defining Mascara

As much as I love the Eyeslipsface brand, this mascara was a complete dud. I had two of these mascaras to try out, and with both, the formula was dry and unworkable. I guess you get what you paid for with this product, one dollar, one lousy product.


#6) Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Curl & Care Mascara

According to Physicians Formula, this mascara contains new curl-boosting technology that you don't need an eyelash curler to curl you lashes if you use this product. It was too good to be true. Not only did the mascara did not curl my lashes very well, but the formula is actually quite heavy and tacky that it weighs down the lashes, so whatever curl you did manage to get from the mascara would eventually disappear due to the mascara tacky weight. It also smudges terribly within the hour. 




#5) Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Bigger & Better Mascara

I have an unhealthy love for BB creams, so when I saw this a BB for mascara I was overjoyed. However, that joy disappear after an hour of wearing it, because just like its cousin, the CC mascara, it smudges like crazy within an hour of wear. One the plus side, the mascara does smell nicely of coconut!



#4) L'oreal Lash Out Butterfly (Waterproof) Mascara

An okay mascara, nothing too amazing. The design of the wand is what makes this mascara so unique. It is almost beautiful in its own right, however it is its downfall as well. Because of the double-wing wand design of the brush, product gets stuck in-between the two wings, and clumping is inevitable. Frequent wand cleaning is required to prevent spider-lashes. It is also not a complete waterproof/smudge-proof mascara either.

Click, for a full review of the L'oreal Lash Out Butterfly (Waterproof) Mascara


#3) Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara

A decently good mascara. Too bad this is discontinued, like all the other Rimmel Mascaras that I like. 



#2) Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

Amazing mascara. Simple wand and simple packaging, but extraordinary results. It lengthens and thickens your lashes to the EXTREME. At $4.00, this baby is a steal. 

Click, for a full review of the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara


#1) L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara

Love this mascara. The wand is new and interesting, and it works, as well as, the formula. It gives your lashes such a nice volumized too. It also wears all day with little smudging. 


Click, for a full review of the L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara.

I hope you found this helpful! Happy Wandering! Alice








Comments

  1. Can you do a review on the best waterproof mascaras you've tried?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review