Review: Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil BB Cream SPF 30

I just want to state the obvious before we get into the important details here...the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! Physicians Formula had really captured the essence of Morocco's Style-Architectural design with their new Argan Wear Line, especially with their BB Cream's packaging. 


And the fact that the product not only looks good on the outside but it does good on the inside. This BB Cream is one of the best BB Creams I have tried thus far. The unique difference between this Physicians Formula's BB Cream compared to other BB Creams I have tried is that this does not have a dewy finish. In fact, its finish is a beautiful matte-satin. Something an oily-combinaton skin person, like myself, can appreciate.

You can find this in drugstores at $14.95, but wait for sales. I know that Physicians Formula is usually on sale every other week and their sales include 40% off! That's how I bought mine. I also bought it in the shade Light/Medium, (there are only two available shades) which is a tad bit dark for my cold-weather skin-tone, but once summer comes around this shade should be a perfect match for me. 

The one thing that I do not like about this BB Cream is its strong fragrance. Physicians Formula describes the scent as exotic and it is a pretty strange scent, almost like a man's cologne with sweet-floral notes. However, I have to admit, I am not a fan of the smell. It is a bit too over-powering for me.  Luckily, the scent does not linger. I mainly have to deal with it when I am putting it on. 

Transformation of my skin. (Left to Right): No BB cream to with BB Cream.

The texture of the BB Cream is creamy with a slight mousse consistency. You will need to shake the tube before each use because the product does separate since the product contains 100% Argan Oil. It blends into the skin nicely and sets to a matte-satin finish, which for a BB cream is pretty incredible. Most of the BBs I have tried all had dewy finishes where I had to set with a powder or I will be an oily-mess half-way throughout the day. The coverage is as good as a medium coverage foundation and it is also a low-maintenance face product. The only touch-up I needed to do was to blot my face with blotting paper once, which is pretty normal for me, and the BB Cream lasts all day. The longest time frame I have worn this BB Cream was from 9AM to 10PM on an overcast, chilly day. That is 13 hours of wear, and my face still looked as good as it did that very morning. 


I highly recommend this BB Cream, especially for my fellow oily-combination skin folks who have the usual dilemmas of BB Creams being too dewy to borderline oily. The Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-nourishing Argan Oil BB Cream has the best from both worlds; it provides the benefits of a BB Cream with the coverage of a foundation and it has a matte-satin finish.

If you do happen to pick this pretty baby up, please let me know how it works for you. 
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review