Review: Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream & BB Mascara



Recently, Physicians Formula has expanded their Organic Wear Line with two new products, and to my delight, they added "BB" products! They added a new 100% Natural Origin All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream and a 100% Natural Origin BB Bigger! Better! Lashes Mascara.

They both came in the Iconic Organic Wear packaging of a leaf design and the packaging is a nice, clean white. The products themselves look beautiful and promising, and I was expecting to immediately fall in love with them.

Unfortunately, they did not live up to the hype that I built in my head about them and they did not live up to the hype that Physicians Formula have claimed them to be.



RELATED POST: Physicians Formula "NEW" Argan Wear Line



Let's cover the better of the two, the Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream. This BB Cream can be found at Drugstores at $14.95 for 1.2 fl oz of product. It comes in two shades - Light & Light Medium.


Physicians Formula (PF) claims that this BB Cream "has a revolutionary formula that combines the benefits of a BB Cream with skin nourishing, natural & organic ingredients with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help keep skin looking and feeling healthy, hydrated, and smooth". This BB cream is meant to provide immediately, visible change to the skin, as well as, long-term change to the skin.

I'm not sure if I have to patience or the want to try this product out for several weeks to see the long-term effects that it claims to have on the overall health of my skin because of the immediate effects I had experience on my skin.

On my skin-type (which is oily-combination skin) the cream is a bit too moisturizing for me that I have to set it with powder or I will just look like an oily-mess within a few hours. I also wish that the coverage was a bit more opaque. I would say that this BB Cream has a sheer to light coverage and I love light coverage but this was just a little too light for me. I do see my complexion looking a bit more even and brighter after the cream has set on my face. I see this BB Cream being a great base for mineral foundation since the product is a bit tacky to the touch so it should help mineral powder last on the skin longer. However, I do not like this product enough to want to wear it everyday for an extended period of time, mostly due to the fact that I feel like a sticky, oily mess at the end of the day.

What it looks like on my skin. (Left to Right: No BB Cream, Dabs of BB, Spreading the product, With BB Cream.
**I would give this BB Cream a C+.**

If you have dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, this may be a great BB for you. It will even up your skin tone, protect you from the sun (SPF 20), and it contains other nourishing benefits. It also has a slight coconut scent that is quite pleasant.


Now the product that I would avoid is the Organic Wear 100% Natural BB Bigger! Better Lash Mascara. This retails at $9.95 and can be found at Drugstores.

PF claims that this is a multi-tasking mascara that will provide length, volume, and definition without the harmful, synthetic ingredients that other mascaras contain. It also claims that it is a 24 hr wear mascara.

It is 24 hours of wear alright...for raccoon-looking eyes. This mascara smudges within the hour, and it is not a little smudge. It is a full on, under-the-entire-rim-of-eye kind of smudge. It's not cute. It also does not give you that dramatic lash look it promises. I love the fact that it is made of 100% natural ingredients but the formula isn't anything special.

RELATED POST: Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural "CC" Curl + Care Mascara

I do like the brush. It is a double-sided brush where one side is a comb, great for combing through the lashes and lengthening the lashes, and the other side is packed with rubber bristles, perfect for adding volume to the lashes. Too bad the brush couldn't do much because of the formula.

**I give this Mascara an F.**


I really wanted to love these products. Unfortunately, they did not perform up to my expectations. If you have tried out these products, please let me know on how they worked for you?

Happy Wandering! Alice




Comments

  1. Hello!
    Same for me,i have got the green ones , and I m not really satisfied about the masacara...
    Anyway,thank you for sahring this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!
    Brow Gel Taupe
    https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review