[Covergirl Cosmetics] Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation Review

Here's another NEW product from Covergirl that I have purchased recently. Like my last Covergirl review (the Total Tease Mascara) I did film my FIRST IMPRESSIONS on this product. 

With a name like that, I expect some miracle to happen on my skin!




By now I have tried this foundation a couple mores times, and applied the foundation with different tools. In the video, I used a beauty blender, but later I found out, I liked this foundation to be applied with a duo-fibered stipple brush instead. I find with a stipple brush, the foundation applies on smoother and less heavy, which is surprising because usually the beauty blender sheers out the foundation more than a brush would.

Covergirl claims, This Vitalist Healty Elixir Foundation containes Vitamins E, B3, B5 with SPF 20. It is supposed to correct and perfect the look of the skin, while protecting it from the harsh elements. It is also a full-coverage foundation that gives the skin a healthy glow.

I wouldn't say the foundation is full-coverage...it applies more on the medium coverage side with room to build up if needed. It does give the skin a beauty dewy glow. My skin looks amazingly smooth and healthy. Unfortunately, this is not a lightweight foundation. I definitely can feel the weight of this foundation on my face, but I do get used to it after an hour or so. 

RELATED POST: Covergirl Total Tease Mascara Review

The scent is a surprisingly pleasant. This foundation has a sweet floral scent to it that I happen to really enjoy. 


Now wear time of this foundation is quite excellent minus one minor mishap. The foundation does wear well in the sense that it does not crease or shift around or break apart as time goes on. It also does not oxidize. At least on my skin, it does not. 

Now here's the mishap I have with this foundation. I do get quite shiny halfway through the day (about 5 hours of wear). The strange thing is that I do not feel oily, but I look oily. So bringing some blotting papers or a powder with you would be a good idea. 

Other than that, this is another great product from Covergirl! The packaging is also wonderful with a pump that can be twisted shut! Talk about attention to detail! This foundation retails around $12.99. Not too shabby!

Have you tried this foundation yet? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review