[Milk Makeup] The Face Sticks for a Flawless, Finished Look

Milk Makeup recently joined Sephora's arsenal of beauty brands, and because of its innovative and fresh take on makeup, it quickly took the spotlight with many beauty lovers, and I happen to be one of them. Although, my last few reviews on Milk Makeup has been less than favorable, my curiosity has only grown stronger. So here I am with another review on this brand. This time I am reviewing not one but four of their well-known face sticks. I was lucky enough to be one of the few to get my hands of this Vibes, Vibes, Vibes Set before it was sold out. In this water-proof makeup bag are four mini-versions of the Milk Makeup Cooling Water Stick, the Milk Makeup Blur Stick,the Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek Stick, and the Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer Stick.


Now from my last review on the Blur Stick, you would know that I was not a fan. This Blur Stick is suppose to (as the name states) blur your skin. It is suppose to minimize the look of pores, fine lines, and imperfections, while leaving your skin with a matte finish. To be perfectly honest, I saw none of those claims on my skin. I will say it did leave my skin soft, and it creates a nice base for foundation to glide on top. I wasn't impressed then, and I am not impressed now. However, I have seen plenty of reviews on Youtube where you can visibly see the blur action that takes place on the individual's face. Sadly, this product did not work for me.

Milk Makeup Blur Stick, $36 @Sephora.

The Cooling Water Stick is pretty neat. It has a cold, gel texture that does feel soothing on the skin. This gel stick is infused with marine minerals and caffeine that provides the skin with a hydrated, energized look. This stick is meant to be used in the mornings, under your eyes to decreased the look of puffiness. It can also act as a primer for your face. Milk Makeup also advise you to store this in the fridge which makes me wonder if this stick is a gimmick. You see, it is a well known fact that coldness will help in decreasing the look of under eye puffiness. Which is why there is a beauty hack of storing spoons in the freezer so you can use it on your face in the mornings. I guess it's more esthetically pleasing to use an actual beauty product than spoons on your face. Anyways, I admit, I do like the feeling of the cool texture on my face when I feel a bit warm in the mornings, and this stick does hydrate your skin. However, I do not see much of a change to my puffy under eye bags.

Milk Makeup Cooling Water, $24 @Sephora.

The Lip + Cheek is a creamy, multi-use color in stick form. It contains Milk Makeup's Melt Technology, where the product melts and mixes in with the warmth of your skin. It also contains mango butter, peach nectar, and avocado oil. This Lip + Cheek color sheers out to a soft-wash of color, but it can be buildable. This product looks hydrating, creamy, and pleasantly fresh on the skin. This is a great stick as blush for those that have dry skin. As a lip product, I would like it to be more hydrating, but the color is pretty. 

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek, $24 @Sephora

The Matte Bronzer Stick is my favorite of the four. It applies a bit pigmented, where it can look scary, but it sheers out wonderfully to a soft, warm color. It gives my skin a healthy, sun-kissed look which is perfect timing since summer is close by. It also has the same Milk Melt Technology, like the Lip + Cheek Stick, where the product glides and melts effortlessly onto the skin. I also love the fact that even though the bronzer is on the warmer side, it does not make me look orange, it just makes my skin look like it got a tan going on, very natural.

Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer, $24 @Sephora

Overall, I had a fun time putting everything to the test. I love testing out new, innovative beauty products. I already have a few more Milk Makeup items placed and waiting in my Sephora cart. What can I say, I am obsessed! 

What are your thoughts on Milk Cosmetics? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering, Alice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review