[Pur Cosmetics] Blend Squad 3-Piece Beauty Sponge Set

Ever since I discovered the joy of using a Beauty Blender on applying my foundation and concealer, I had also started my search in finding a more affordable dupe. I had found a great $8.00 drugstore one from L'oreal Cosmetics, but today, I am here to introduce to you, the Pur Cosmetics' Blend Squad. This easter-egg trio retails at $36.00 ($12 per sponge), took me by surprise on how well they work!


When I first took a sponge out of its packaging, I immediate had doubts of its performance level. When dry, the sponge feels quite dense, not bouncy like the Beauty Blender, and from pass experiences, a dense makeup sponge means it sucks. 

However, a dampened Pur Sponge is another story. When dampened, it immediately grows twice its size and becomes extremely squishy and bouncy! I am sure you already know the outcome. Yes, I ended up loving this beauty squad. It blended my foundation beautifully. Unlike the beauty blender where you can go all crazy with the bouncing of the sponge on your face, and have not care in the world...with the Pur Cosmetics sponge, I realized that the best technique in smoothing on the foundation is to press and roll the sponge along your face. This allows the foundation to stay on your face, giving you better coverage. The careless bouncing technique I noticed just sheers out the foundation a bit too much. 

Needless to say, these Beauty Sponges from Pur Cosmetics are phenomenal makeup sponges, and are very comparable to the wonderful Beauty Blender. 

Does this mean my hunt for a dupe is over? Heck No! I want to try them all! 
Do you have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to read more of the Makeup Sponges I have tried so far!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review