Mascaras: L'oreal Voluminous OutLash Butterfly Mascara (Waterproof)

Yes, I bought this because it had the word "BUTTERFLY" on it. What can I say, I love butterflies.

The packaging itself is sleek and cocoon-like. I'm sure it was an intentional design to resemble a caterpillar's cocoon phase. Like the cocoon,it is what's inside that is unique, and unlike any mascara I have seen on the market, L'oreal's Butterfly Mascara has the most unique wand I had ever seen. The question is, how does this new innovative wand perform?



L'oreal's description on this brush is that, "Its revolutionary Butterfly Brush with asymmetrical lash line shape extends and lifts outer corner lashes to give you a winged-out effect, instantly volumizing lashes at the roots and stretching lashes outward."

In my experience, the double extension on the wand does resemble a butterfly's wings, which I find fasinating. These double wings are great for wiggling the product into the roots of the eyelashes and because there's two wings, it helps double coat the lashes with one swipe, in turn creating a volumizing effect. So L'oreal was not wrong or misleading in their description of how the brush works. 



Even though the wand is unique, the overall design is a bit busy, as in there is a lot going on, on the wand. I noticed a lot of product buildup in-between the wings which leads to putting too much product on your lashes, in turn causes clumping of the lashes. So every now and then I have to use a tissue to wipe away the buildup. Once I do that I notice the wand works again, but I do have to keep doing this after every two to three uses, which is a waste of product. With my L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara, I find that I only have to clean the wand every now and then, not nearly as frequent as this butterfly wand. 



This mascara a decent product and I quite like it. It coats my lashes nicely giving them a bit of volume and a bit of length, but it isn't the best volumizing mascara or the best waterproof mascara on the market. 

Hope this review was helpful! 
Happy Wandering, Alice


Comments

  1. Lovely review!
    Thank you for sharing!
    i like the design of the masacara, love this brand too!
    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the design is beautiful! I just wish it worked as well as it looks! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review