Eyeshadow Palette: Kat Von D "Innerstellar" Palette Review

Today I present to you, Kat Von D New Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette. Isn't it beautiful! The moment I saw this come available at Sephora for VIB and Rouge members, I immediately placed an order. 

After playing around with it a couple times, I have a few opinions formed about it and I would like to share it with you as well as swatches of each eyeshadow. 

Let's start with the swatches first:


 The palette is organized just like KVD's "Monarch" and "Chrysalis" eyeshadow palettes, in three sections of four with the highlight/all-over-lid colors being on top and are visibly larger than the other eyeshadows, which is always nice. 

You can find this at Sephora for $46.00 and this is a limited edition palette. To the touch, it feel really soft. Too bad not all the shadows performed as great with the finger when using a brush. The shadows are also infused with moisturizing components, such as, rose extract and vitamins A, C & E, so they should be perfect for those that have dry eyelids.

All these eyeshadows are brand new shadows, and they are (as a whole) definitely beautiful shadows to look at. I especially love the third and last section of the eyeshadows because they just perform beautifully on the skin and really work well together. (Here is a look I did using the colors and more, here.) I also enjoyed Orion, as well as, Darkstar.

Gravitron, is probably the most unique shadow within the palette. At fist glance, it looks like a pale, champagne pink, but is you shift it side to side, you will see that it has this beautiful duo-chrome effect to it, where it changes from champagne to pink to a light pink-purple. It is beautiful, but this is part of the trio of shadows that are difficult to work with. Graviton, Lunacy, & Astrological (the pink/purple shadows) apply on really sheer and patchy. I had to really work with the shadows to get the opacity I wanted. Using your fingers to pack on the product was a different story though, so I really recommend to use your finger, or a damp brush, or a very dense brush when using these shadows. 

The rest of the shadows (Night Crawler, Dios, & Vast) are just okay shadows for me, just simply nice. 

Do I see myself reaching for this palette everyday. No, but I did enjoy the times I used this. I hope this review was insightful! If you would like to watch my video review of this palette, click here! Please enjoy!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review