Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat & "Two" Colors


I am a huge fan of Gel Polishes! I love the shine it gives the nails, and I always get questions asking if I got my nails done professionally whenever I use a gel-formulated polish. So to have a top coat that creates a gel finish in my collection was a happy addition, because now I can have the same gel effect on my non-gel polishes. 

If only that was the case...


I have tested this Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat on both gel polishes and regular polishes alike.

On gel polishes I noticed that it worked well with the formulations, and I was able to wear the color for a whole week without have the nails looking worn and rough. The shine and finish was beautiful, and it seems to be pretty scratch resistant. 

The top coat seems to have no effect on non-gel polishes. Chipping starts as early as day two. It still gives the polish the shine and the professional thick-coating look I like, but the polish is still fragile where it chips with the slightest scrap. What a Bummer.

Here are the two Gel Envy Colors I have bought from Revlon's Colorstay collection. 



The natural-brown, cream polish is called 2 0f A Kind, #465. It was easy to put on, but you do need to apply at least two heavy coats, or three regular coats, because the formula is not opaque enough for the color to be completely solid. You are able to see where on the nail the polish is thin versus where it is thick, especially in the light. 



This silver, shimmery polish is called Lucky Us, #345. It is an opaque, solid silver shimmer. It also applies more opaque than 2 Of A Kind, so two regular coats is all you need.


Revlon's Gel Envy Collection is actually quite huge, and they retail around $9.49 a piece, which is pretty up there in price for a Drugstore Nail Polish. To be honest, the formula for these polishes are not as amazing as it sounds. If you are looking an affordable, drugstore gel polish, I recommend Wet n Wild's 1 Step Wonder Gel Polishes. They are amazing, do not need a top coat, (but layer it with Revlon's Gel Top Coat, and the color will lasts over 10 days) and they only cost $4.99 a piece.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review