Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Review

The Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding is Boscia's newest addition to its pore minimizing line. A line I have been eyeing for some time now. So when Sephora was offering a free sample of 0.84 fl oz. or 25mL with a purchase of $35.00, I immediately placed my order to get my hands on it.

A full size retails at $38.00 for 2.8 fl oz, 85mL.


What's reason for my immediate response? Well...look at it! Look at that black and white swirl of promising pore-cleaning action!

Initially, I thought the white swirl was a form of moisturizer because this mask does not dry. It actually stays quite moist and flexible on the skin, which is a welcome to the usual stretched dryness of other clay masks.

The white swirls happens to be another form of Charcoal! This pore pudding is actually made out of two types of Charcoal.

1. The black swirl is Bamboo Charcoal, aka, "Black Diamond of Asia". It is known to purify and detox the skin of dirt, oil, and impurities.

2. The white swirl is Binchotan White Charcoal Powder, highly prized in Japan for its unique skin balancing benefits. This white charcoal is the reason why the mask stays moisturized.

The pudding also contain Kaolin Clay. It helps boosts the benefits of the two charcoals.


I have used this mask at least seven times in the past month, and I am underwhelmed by its performance. I was expecting it to do wonders to my pores. I admit, my skin is pretty clear to begin with, except for my blackhead breeding farm on my nose. I was hoping, especially after seven uses, this mask will clean up some of the pores in that area. 

The good news is, is that this mask does suck out the impurities to an extent because I notice that my pimples heal a lot faster after I use the mask. My skin also feels extremely smooth and supple after every use. I notice I always have a very good foundation day after I use this mask. Also, since the mask stays moist, it is really easy to wash it off.

I will definitely finish what I have left, but I don't think I will be buying a full size of this pudding. I need something a bit more heavy duty for my nose area.

Have you tried this Pudding Mask from Boscia yet? How do you like it? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review