Maybelline Master Prime (Face) Primers

I consider face primers to be an important step when applying makeup, whether or not I use a foundation. That is because face primers can create a smooth layer over your skin, and depending on what kind of face primer you use, it can perfect the complexion of your skin. For example, you can provide your skin with sun protection, or mattify it, and even use it to minimize the look of your pores.


Today I will be sharing with you my thoughts on the Maybelline Face Studio Master Primes. There are three types of primers in this collection: Blur + Smooth, Blur + Illuminate, & Blur + Redness Control. Of the three, I have Blur + Smooth & Blur + Illuminate.

These primers are water-based formulas, so instead of a the silky, thin texture of a silicon-based primer, the water-based formula has more of a thin-lotion feel.


The Blur + Smooth is used to smooth uneven skin texture. It does a good job at providing the skin with smoothness to the touch, but it does not smooth the overall look of my skin. I am still able to see my pores and lines. Nothing is really smoothed or blurred out. I am not impressed with this primer.


The Blur + Illuminate on the other hand, I absolutely love. This primer contains a pinkish-sheen, which is meant to brighten the complexion. You will need to layer a foundation over this because this primer does leave a light-pink color to the skin, but it does give your complexion a beautiful brighter glow. The best part is that this contains SPF 30, so you will also have that bit of sun protection that the other two primers do not provide.

As you can see I do prefer one primer over the other due to my personal preferences. I happen to adore skin brightening formulas. If you are looking for a primer to help hide redness, Maybelline has the Blur + Redness Control for that.

These retail at $9.99 for 1.0 oz of product. 

Personally, these are not the best primers I have used from the drugstore. They don't really work on prolonging the wear of my makeup. I use the Prime + Illuminate more for the brightening aspect of it versus the hopes of it keeping my makeup in tact throughout the day. So if you are looking for a primer that really helps make your foundation last, then I recommend you look elsewhere.

I hope this review on these primers is helpful on making your best primer shopping decisions!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review