[tarte Cosmetics] Tarteist PRO Glow to Go Highlight & Contour Palette Review

Here is another pro to go palette from tarte Cosmetics. It is the miniature size of the tarte Tarteist PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette, retailing at $45.00. The larger palette comes with four highlighting powders, one cream contour, and one powder contour. The mini version, the Tarteist PRO Glow to Go Highlight & Contour Palette retails at $23.00, where you get two powder highlighters and one powder contour. Like the eyeshadow palettes, both palettes have their exclusive shades, so you are able to purchase both without having overlapping colors, which I think is genius in a business standpoint.


Just like the mini pro eyeshadow palette, it took me a few tries before I started liking this palette. In the beginning I felt the contour powder looked too muddy on my skintone. The contour powder is on the warmer side where I personally prefer a cooler tone contour powder. For the highlights, the shimmer particles in the powders are a bit chunky where it just lay on top of my skin instead of blend into it. The highlights are also pigmented powders, perfect for those that enjoy that BAM! in your face highlight...but something that I am not into.


Before I tell you if why I ended liking this palette, let's look at the shades and swatches up close first. This palette consist of: Gleam (Pearl Highlight) , Burst (Shimmery Sand Highlight), and Chisel (Matte Warm Chestnut).


So when did I start enjoying this palette? I started liking it when I changed the brushes I initially used with the powders. I first used an angled face brush (elf Angled Blush Brush) for the bronzer and a tapered face brush (elf Blush Brush) for the highlight. It seemed that both of these brushes just picked up too much product that it applied too heavily on the skin. Then I tried the flat and stiff elf contouring brush for the contour and a elf fan brush for the highlight, like magic, the product looked great on the skin! AMAZING what the right brushes can do!

It was a lot of trial and error using this product, but I was able to get a decent end result. Is this best contour and highlight palette I had ever used? Definitely not, but I can live with it.

Have you tried this palette yet? What are your thoughts on it? I would love to know!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review