Tools: Beauty Blender "Original" Makeup Sponge

I remember when the Beauty Blender Sponge became popular among the beauty community, and I distinctly remember rolling my eyes about the raves because I thought the sponge was gimmicky and can not possibly be better at applying foundation than your fingers or makeup brushed...boy was I a fool!


This Beauty Blender Sponge is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me in the beauty world other than pore-blurring face primers and chapstick! 

"The Beauty Blender features an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet. This allows the sponge to be "Full" so that the makeup product sits on top of the sponge rather than being absorbed, allowing you to use less product every time."  ~Beauty Blender Cosmetics~

I have tried using a fancy makeup sponge like this one from Forever21 and boy, compared to Forever21's sponge, the Beauty Blender is 1000% softer, 1000% more efficient, and 1000 times more useful! 



When wet, the Beauty Blender actually grows to twice its size, and it actually gets more soft and squishy! 

The reason why I am raving about this makeup sponge is because of the way it makes your foundation look on your skin. No matter what coverage or finish foundation you use, heavy, light, matte, or dewy, the beauty blender makes the foundation look like it was airbrushed onto your skin. This cute little egg-looking sponge blends foundation and concealer like a dream, and takes away any heaviness the foundation creates around the natural creases of your face. You skin just looks flawless and natural after using this tool.

The Beauty Blender is also designed to work with primers, powders, cream blushes & other complexion products, but I haven't tried the sponge on those products yet, and I am probably not going to either. I am happy with just using it for foundations and concealers.



I know this Pink Makeup Sponge costs a lot ($20.00), but it is re-usable and will lasts you for a good two-three months, as long as you cleanse it thoroughly after every couple of uses or the sponge will get moldy. I think this sponge is a great investment and I don't say this every often, but I highly recommend you getting this! 

Happy Wandering! 
Alice

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review