Blotting: Boscia "Black Charcoal Blotting Linens"

I know, I know, $10.00 for a pack of Blotting Sheets! 

The prices does seem a bit high for a bunch of oil-blotting papers...I mean you can use coffee filters, sanitary toilet seat covers, tissue paper...there are a lot of great cheap alternatives. However, let's compare them to actual blotting sheets you can buy at the drugstore and do some quick math. 



The Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens are actually reasonably priced. They are almost at drugstore price if you compare them to Clean & Clear's Blotting Sheets, where it comes in a pack of 50 sheets for $4.29, where in the Boscia pack, you get 100 sheets for $10.00. The Clean & Clear is only $1.42 cheaper!

Keep in mind, you are also paying for quality versus quantity here. With brands like e.l.f or the cvs brand version of The Clean & Clear Oil-Absobing Sheets, I noticed I would need to use at least two or three sheets before my skin feels refreshed and oil-free. While with the Boscia linens I only need one sheet.


Not only are the sheets larger from the Boscia Brand, but they are also thicker and tougher compared to drugstore brands. That is because Boscia's linens are made from 100% Natural Abaca Tree Fibers, so the oil-absorbing sheets actually feel more like cloth than paper. This particular pack is infused with black charcoal (hence the black spots and faded black color of the sheets). Charcoal is known to be a natural absorber, so the idea behind it is that these linens have an increase of absorption power for cleaner pores.
These linens really do an incredible job at absorbing oils without disturbing my makeup. I also love the size of these sheets and how thick they are. Even though $10.00 is a lot to spend all at once on oil-absorbing sheets, I don't regret purchasing them because they work wonderfully. I see it as a skin-refreshment investment.

What kind of blotting sheets do you have in your bag?
Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review