Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skintone Matching Makeup Review

This is "Smart" makeup. This is makeup that will magically change into your skintone.


 Almay claims their Smart Shade Anti-Aging Skintone Matching Makeup contains tone mimic shade-sensing bead technology that will transform to your skintone. I have used this before years ago in the old packaging. Almay recently changed the packaging and this caught my eye again. So I decided it was time to use it again.

Even though I have tried this before, I am still amazed at how well it works. There are many tiny, pigment beads in the product that melts and mixes with the white formula, and as you continue to massage it on your skin, it slowly but surely, the makeup starts to change into your skintone. It's quite fascinating.

BLOGPOST: Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer Review


The coverage is medium with a natural finish. It looks quite beautiful for the first few hours, and then the problems begin. After a few test runs, I realized that this foundation is temperamental. The first time I used it, I made sure to moisturize my face well. I ended up needing to powder for the makeup to set, and I still got a bit shiny as the day went on. So, the next time I used it, I did not moisture as well. I did not need to powder, but it did get cakey, so moisturizing is important. So it is hard to find a good balance to have a good makeup day.

This product comes in three different shades at $12.99, and it contains SPF 20.

Have you tried this "Smart" Makeup yet? What do you think about it? Amazing? Gimmicky? 
Let me know in the comments! 

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review