Wet N Wild: Megalast Liquids Lip Colors Review

Let's continue this liquid lipstick craze with the Wet N Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Colors
Why not! 

Question. What is the most annoying thing about lipsticks? Getting them on everything your lips touches of course!

Well, Wet N Wild claims to have the perfect solution for just that. Introducing their Megalast Liquid Lip Color Collection. These are pigmented, liquid lipsticks designed with Wet N Wild's ElastiSilk Technology. This technology is a combination of flexible color and silky pigments that is designed to move with your lips, and is transfer-proof up to 8-hrs, while still being moisturizing. 

That sounds pretty good to me for $2.99.

Unfortunately, the two lip colors I bought to test out Wet N Wild's claim did none of that.
It was not exactly transfer-proof, but they are not as bad as a lot of the liquid lipsticks I have tried in the past. However, that was not the problem. 
The problem was the comfort level of theses liquid lipstick. The products applied to the lips pigmented enough, but I also immediately noticed the extreme stickiness of the liquid lip colors. After a minute or two of wearing, I also noticed a tightness to my lips. The liquid lipsticks felt like they were shrinking! After a few more minutes, my lips start feeling dry, and the tightness continues, upping the uncomfortable level. When I looked in the mirror, I was able to see the shrinkage! The products look like lip tattoos on my lips, and they look like it was time to take them off. (You can see the shrinkage in this video, near the end.) I only used each of the colors I bought twice for photo purposes and test runs, but because of the comfortability level I will not be wearing them just for the heck of it.
Here are the swatches of the two colors:

Red My Mine (Matte Red)

Pocketful of Roses (Silver Shimmery Orchid Pink)

The colors are beautiful. The formula of the liquid lipsticks is a light mousse texture. I would have actually loved these lip colors if it weren't for the dryness and tightness. Applying lip balm first helps with prolonging the moisture level, but nevertheless the dryness is unavoidable.

I do not recommend these Liquid Lip Colors.
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review