Lancome "Belle De Teint" Summer Bliss Collection Review

This Summer Bliss Collection is designed by Youtuber "Lisa Eldridge", and she is Lancome's Global Makeup Creative Director. 

" Lisa Eldridge was inspired by the mysterious, fresh, and colorful jungle landscapes. Her collection is an invitation to discover this fantasy world. Filled with vivid colors imitating the Amazon jungle, balanced with touches of neutrals, and inspired by animal skin and woody colors."


From the Summer Collection, I decided to try the Belle De Teint products that consist of a Glowing Liquid Bronzer and a Luminous Trio Bronzer

The Belle De Teint "Luminous Trio Bronzer" comes in two shades "Belle de Vanille" & "Belle de Bronze" for $42.50. I bought the lighter of the two, Belle de Vanille, and it is the perfect powder to give my face a beautiful and subtle sun-kissed glow. The powder is extremely find and smooth, and it provides the skin with a natural, luminous sheen. The scent is quite nice as well.


The Belle De Teint Elixir is a new addition to Lancome. It is a tri-phase body elixir, where the combination of all three liquid phases will provide the skin with a healthy glow. So you definitely will be needing to shake the product well before use. The liquid phase consist of a top oil-phase that provides comfort, then the middle layer is a watery-phase that adds a fresh and lightweight feel for the skin, and finally at the bottom is the pearl-phase that provides a shimmery radiant sheen for the skin.


I bought #03 Glow Jungle at the price of $38.00, and I was a bit confused when I took it out of the package because it looked nothing like its picture! The actual product looks more of a rosy-bronze versus the light golden shimmer that the photo indicates it is. Luckily the product is colorless. It is full of shimmer, but overall no pigmentation. Even though the color was way off, at least it did not make my skin pink! I do like the shimmer. The shimmer is perfect for those summer nights out with the girls or date night, and the scent is quite beautiful. More good news, for it being an oil, the product did not feel oily, and it sinks into the skin immediately. However, I am disappointed that I didn't get what I was expecting. 


Judging the inspiration behind Ms. Eldridge's Summer Collection from just these two products, I do not see jungle landscapes. When I think of the jungle I think of lush greens, dark browns, and dark muted colors because the jungle is dark and lush; not fresh, nor the bright neutrals that are featured in this collection. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the products I have purchased. Was it worth the high price mark? The Luminous Trio Bronzer is worth it because the quality of the powder is supreme, but the elixir is a bit overpriced for it basically being fragranced shimmer. 

Have you bought anything from Lancome's 2016 Summer Color Collection? If so, what did you buy and what do you think about it? There is a 6-Pan Eyeshadow Palette called Jungle Pop that I wish I have gotten as well, but it was $50.00! Definitely not in the budget!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review