Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer Review

Watch video review: "(Q+H) Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact Makeup & Concealer Review"

I have a love-hate relationship with this Revlon ColorStay 2-in-1 Compact since the first time I used it. It is a cream to powder foundation where I find it is great for my oily-combination skin. It has medium to full coverage, but it is comfortable to wear. It retails at $15.99, depending on where you buy it, but the price tag is not the reason why I have mixed feelings about this foundation.

The packaging is unique, but I instantly knew there was going to be a problem with it. The compact comes in three tiers. The first tier you will find the concealer which is about half a shade lighter than the foundation. To get to the second tier, you will need to raise the first tier, and that is where the problem begins. The concealer compartment will not stay up, and will constantly come crashing down every time I dip my stipple brush in the foundation. It starts to get annoying within the third to fourth use. The last tier is where you will find your mirror and sponge, nothing too exciting.


Let's talk about the concealer. I like how this concealer brightens up my skin. The consistency is thicker than the foundation, and it is a bit tougher to blend than the foundation. I find patting versus swiping is the way to blend the product into my skin. Because of the heaviness of this concealer I do not like wearing this with the foundation, so I will only wear one or the other.

The foundation is what I would call a high maintenance foundation. It takes time to blend evenly onto the skin. Once on, the foundation will look a bit cakey, especially around the nose and chin area, but here's the kicker. Once an hour has gone by, the foundation does this weird thing where it either mixes with the oils of my skin, or the heat from my skin transforms the foundation into a beautiful semi-dewy matte finish without loosing its initial coverage. So it really takes time for this foundation to really settle into the skin, but once it does, the finish is absolutely beautiful. 


Even though Revlon claims this is sweat-resistance and long-wearing (all-day wear were their exact words) foundation, I beg to differ. The coverage last about 5-6 hours and it creases, especially around the corners of my eyes and my nose area. So this is not a foundation I would trust to wear going to an important event, even though the finish is beautiful for the first few hours.

So do you see my dilemma? I love the way it makes my skin look, but it is very high maintenance and it doesn't last all day. I don't think I will be reaching for this foundation because of the high maintenance part. I like my foundation to be on within two minutes not five.

Have you tried this foundation yet? How do you like it? How long does it last on your skin? Let me know in the comments.
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review