Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser 3-in-1 Cleansing Gel Review

This cleanser has three phases to it. It goes on as a gel, but turns into an oil from the warmth of your skin, and once you add some water, it turns to a milky-cream. It's quite a fascinating experience.

This cleanser also contains three benefits for the skin: 

1) Vitamin C (Brightens, supports natural collagen, and neutralizes free radical)
2) Rose Hip Oil (Natural source of omega 3, 6, and 9; regenerates, repairs, and nourishes) 
3) Virgin Cherry Oil (Rich in Vitamins and Antioxidants; reduces redness and hydrates)


Although I do love the way it feels as I massage this on my face, it does not do the one thing it is meant to do. It does not clean my face very well. This cleansing gel is suppose to melt away waterproof makeup, and clean the dirt and other things your skin attracts throughout the day. 

First, it does not even take off regular eyeliner, so good luck with waterproof products. 
Second, my skin is left feeling intensely slick (most likely because of the oils in the product) and moisturized, but it does not feel clean. Sure enough, going over my skin with a toner after the cleanse, the cotton pad is still left with the leftover dirt the cleanser was not able to clean off.
Third, this is not a shower friendly product because the first step in using this product is to use it on dry skin. Since I like to do my cleansing in the shower, and I have been doing for years, I always forget the dry skin part. So it's just really inconvenient for me.


Overall, I am not impressed. This is also quite a pricey cleanser. It retails at $34.00 for 4 oz, so my 1 oz that I got in a set, values at $8.50. I can get up to 6 oz of product from the drugstore for  $10.00-$15.00 that will work better than this. 

I do like to use this on days that I don't really do much. The kind of days where I don't wear any makeup, and I don't go out of the apartment, days where my skin does not get the opportunity to get too dirty. These are days where I would use this cleanser, and actually enjoy the intense moisture it gives to my skin. So this is great for those days when my skin feels extra dry.

Have you tried this 3-in-1 Cleansing Gel yet? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments! I would love hearing from you!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Click, to read more of my Ole Henriksen Skincare reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review