Hot or Not? Lancome Spring 2016 Color Collection

Spring is in the air and Spring Collections are popping up everywhere...but I can only buy so much to try, so when I saw the Lancôme's My Parisian Pastels Shimmer Cube, I knew I wanted it because of the packaging. Since I was planning on buying the My Parisian Pastels, I thought I should look into what other pretty things +Lancome has in their 2016 Spring Color Collection.

In the perfect world, I would have been able to purchase everything in their Collection, but since life doesn't work out the way we want it to, I only picked up a few things that really caught my eye.
So let's take a closer look at each product and I will let you know why I think a product is Hot or Not.

** I am speaking from my own experience and how I feel about these products. Not all products work the same on different people. Something I do not like, you may still like since we all have our own opinions.**

Now that we have gotten that disclaimer out of the way, let's start with the review. 


This Cube of 9 Highlighting and Eyeshadow Colors is the reason for these purchases and I am so happy that I bought this! These colors are beautiful shimmers that give your skin an exquisite bright glow. They can be used as eyeshadows, blushes, or highlighting powders, so this single palette is very versatile. 

The only thing I am disappointed with is the packaging. It is uniquely packaged but it is not practical. I can see difficulties in getting at the product in the future when you use up the powder that is above the plastic edge. (Watch my "HOT to NOT: Lancome 2016 Spring Color Collection Video to see what I mean.)


The quality of these shadows are nice and they blend like a dream. However, I am disappointed with the colors of this palette. They were just not unique enough and for $50.00, I would have loved it if there was at least one shade that blew my socks off.

"Rose Haussmann" Vernis in Love Nail Color ~ $15.50 ~ (NOT)
**I also want to point out that it is $15.50 for only 6ml worth of product while most regular-sized polishes come with 10-13ml of product. So you are basically paying for a mini-sized polish.**

The color is pretty and it can lasts on the nails for 8-10 days! That is incredibly long-lasting. The reason why I took off the polish is because I was ready for a new color on my nails, and my nails needed some serious trimming. I noticed that this polish does not chip but it starts to fade along the edges of the nails overtime. It also dries within 10 minutes even with two thick coats! However, you can definitely fine a color like this at the drugstore for half the price and with decent wear time. I just feel it is too much for what it is...if only it was a full size polish, I would say it is completely worth the money because the average O.P.I and Essie polish is around $13-$15 for 13.5 ml of product.

"Paris Please" Color Design Lip Color ~ $22.50 ~ (HOT and NOT)

I love the formula of this lipstick! It is so comfortable on the lips! So creamy and moisturizing...and long wearing! The color is nice too, but of course you can definitely find a dupe at the drugstore, but I don't know about finding a similar formula. I haven't tried a lipstick that felt this nice at the drugstore yet, but for $22.50, this lipstick better be amazing!

So that is everything I have bought from Lancôme's 2016 Spring Color Collection. Have you tried anything from their Spring collection yet? What do you think about their collection? Let me know by leaving a comment!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review