Too Faced "BETTER THAN SEX" Mascara Review

"BETTER THAN SEX"...that is a very strong claim on a name of a Mascara, and I can not believe I am now trying it since it has come out for quite some time now. 

So the main question is, does it live to its name.

On the +Too Faced Cosmetics Website, there are actually quite a few claims that made me chuckle. For example, "3.4 out of 10 say great lashes are better than sex", and "3.1 out of 10 agree that this mascara is so good, it's better than sex". Hmmm...I agree at some degree because with the wrong partner, sex basically suck. So I rather have great lashes versus bad sex any day. (Sorry for my underage readers to have to read that, but I'm just saying how it is.) The best claim was the "1,944% more volume"! I do not how in the world they got that number, but the BETTER THAN SEX Mascara does give the lashes a good amount of length with just one coat.


Too Faced recommends using up to two to three coats to get the most length and volume possible. Personally, I find that my lashes start to look heavy and basically ridiculous after two coats, let alone wanting to put on a third coat. But to each their own, if you like the intense spider-lashes look, you may want to do a third coat. 


I do love the crazy mascara wand. The wand is dipped in the middle on both sides with long bristles that shoot up everywhere. It is a beautiful, chaotic wand that keeps the lashes separated while coating them with the mascara's "film-forming polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear." It also contains "Acacia Senegal Tree Extract to nourish, thicken and lock curl in place". The formula is probably one of the best lengthening mascara formulas I have every worn on my lashes. The formula is not thick, and not to wet or dry. It coated my lashes with just the right amount of formula to lengthen (I wouldn't say it gave my lashes a lot of volume) my lashes. There is a bit of smudging, but very little compared to other mascaras I have tried. The look of my lashes also stayed beautiful and curled all day long.


I know the one I featured on this blog is just a travel size, but I am not objected to getting a full-size when this one is used up. The full size retails at $23.00 and can be found on the Too Faced Website or at Sephora. You can also purchase the travel size at $12.00.

Have you tried this mascara yet? How do you like it? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review