Matte Glosses: Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids Review

One word: Inconsistent
Why did I choose inconsistent to describe these Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids, you ask?

It's because you don't know the quality of the gloss until you try it. From the four that I have, two applied on beautifully, creamy, and "vividly", the other two were streaky and gloppy, and just plain messy. Which is a shame since one of the bad formula glosses I happen to really like the color.

These are also not matte. They have a slight matte finish but you can still clearly see a bit of shine to the lips. I do not mind it, but when a product has the word "Matte" written on it, I expect "Matte".
This Liquid Lip product also has a strong sweet, borderline perfume scent to it. Personally I do not mind the scent, and can barely smell it once the product is on my lips, but I have heard of others not liking the strong scent, and they also claim that you can taste a slight perfume taste throughout the day. I fortunately had never experience that either.

The product applicator I am not a fan of.  The doe foot application is skinny, and is slightly slanted with a linear soft-edged boxy tip. I prefer the tear-dropped shape or the usual slanted round-edge shaped doe-foot applicators. This didn't fit very well in the corners of my mouth and I had to basically angle it sideways in order to not make a mess.

I know I just tore this matte lip gloss to shreds, but the colors are truly rich in pigment, especially the ones that glided onto the lids wonderfully. The others that were not so nice, once layered they look decent. The colors are also very long lasting, and they stain the lips where the stains do not come off for a good day or two. So a stain removing makeup remover will be advised if you don't want the stain to stay on for the next 24 hrs. 

These are also quite moisturizing for a Matte Lip Product, which makes sense since these are not truly Mattes. 

There are 10 shades available in the line. Of the 10, I bought four, and here are the swatches for those four.

Berry Boost
This is a sweet pink berry shade. This color just glided perfectly on the lips and the shade is one of my go to shades! Score!

Pink Charge
This electric pink color was difficult to work with. It applied gloppy, and the color does not suit my skintone. So overall, it was a complete fail.

Possessed Plum
I love this vampy plum shade, but it applied really streaky. To get the coverage I wanted, I had to apply at least three to four layers and since I love the color so much, I am willing to do it!

Rebel Red
This is a beautiful, true red color that makes your teeth appear whiter. This is another one of the better glosses to work with and the fact that this red suits my color, this is just perfect.

Have you tried these Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids yet? How do you like them?
Let me know in the comments! I would love to know your opinions!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review