Matte Lipglosses: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor Review


I am really loving these Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors! They are opaque and they are truly matte! They also have a heavenly sweet honey scent! I also love how lightweight and velvety the texture of the gloss is. It glides on the lips effortlessly and once it sets, the color lasts for a very long time. 
The packaging is super nice too. The pod-like shape of the tube has a nice smoothness to the matte clear plastic and the matte silver top. It is definitely something you want to pull out of your purse in public, secretly hoping people will take notice. 

The only con I have with this lipgloss is how drying it is to my lips. Initially when I put it on, the matte gloss actually feels quite moisturizing, and the feeling of the moisturize stays for hours, however, what my lips actually look like....is a whole different story.

It looks completely different from how it feels. Visually, my lips look extremely dry but it feels not dry. When using this gloss I would have to remind myself to re-apply the lip color every few hours. The great thing about reapplying this gloss is that the look of it keeps looking better and better with each application.

I also can not wear this gloss for more than two days straight because of how dry it makes my lips. I know this seems like a huge deal, but all you really need to do is apply a good lip conditioner at night to keep the lips from cracking. 


Out of the 8 available shades available at the moment, I bought two: HD Seduction & HD Devotion.
(I will update if I buy more)

HD Seduction (Matte Nude Pinkish-Brown)
I am so thankful that this color is the perfect nude for my complexion. Nudes like this are either perfect or they wash me out. So when I do find one that looks great on me, I have a celebration. 

HD Devotion (Matte Berry-Pink)
This is an intense color! It is bright and bold. This is definitely a statement lip color. 

I do recommend these matte lip colors. They are great for their intensity and true matte finish.
Is there any other drugstore matte lip colors you would like me to review?
Let me know!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Great shades,thank you for this lovely review and the swatches!
    Wish you a Happy New Year!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2015/12/fetez-sans-grossir-festivities-without-getting-fat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Helena! I hope you had a great time counting down! Wish you the best this 2016! Keep up the great work on your blog! xo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review