Hot or Not: Maybelline Brow Products "2016"

This year, Maybelline have come out with five new brow products! I appreciate the fact that Maybelline tried to be innovative with some of the products' designs compared to other drugstore store brands. I have tested them all out, and here are my final thoughts on them. 

Click to Watch "Hot or Not: Maybelline Brow Products 2016" Video Review
I will start on my favorite first and go down from there! 

(Click on links to see in-depth reviews on each brow product.)

This Palette literally has everything that I can ask for in a brow palette. The tools it came with are all usable, the wax is nice and pigmented, and the extra brow highlight powder is the perfect shade to brighten up the eyes. This is a must-have for me!

I compared this shaping pencil with Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil not too long ago, and prefer this one over the more expensive one. I like the way it drew on my brows and I like how easy it is to use. The formula is on the waxier side, so it is great at really setting your brows in place.

I was a bit hesitant to try this because I have never tried a brow pomade before, and all the stories I have heard about them were all bad. I was expecting this crayon to go on harshly, and the product would be too difficult to buff out. I am so happy that I was wrong. It does draw on a bit darker than a pencil or powder would, but it was easy to buff out. The slick waxy texture of it also helped keep my crazy brow hairs in place.



Now this product was one of Maybelline's more innovative brow package designs. I have seen this type of springy sponge-end with eyeshadows, but never with a brow product. I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work for me. The main reason for that is that the pencil end was a bit hard and does not give enough color to the brows. Then the powder side just makes my brows look hazy and bushy looking.

Another new packaging for Maybelline. I have seen this ball shape in mascaras for the lashes, which I quite enjoy because the shape can really get every single eyelash, but for brows, it is hard to shape and comb through the brows without getting some on your skin. I can see this be especially problematic for those that have thinner brows. The mascara tint is also too light for my preference. 

There were definitely some hot in these new releases from Maybelline and some not hots, but of course it also depends on our whole preferences and what we look for in a brow product. 

Have you tried any of the new Maybelline brow products yet? What one do you like? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review