Maybelline SuperStay "Better Skin" Concealer Review

I am a huge fan of the "Better Skin" Foundation, so it's not really surprising that I ended up liking the concealer as well (it usually works out that way with me). However, I don't like wearing the two together. Together, they look a bit heavy, but separate, they provide the perfect coverage.

The Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Concealer is a "2-in-1 targeted concealer + corrector with Actyl-C, which is an ingredient know for its antioxidant benefits. Like its counterpart, the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation, it is suppose to "better" you skin with every use."

The consistency of the concealer is actually quite thin but it covers more than it feels. I bought mine in the shade, Ivory, and it turned out the be the perfect brightening concealer for my skintone. How I apply it is first I like to apply a little under my eyes, a little around my nose and chin to cover any redness or darkness, then I blend it outwards to cover more surface area on my face. A stippling brush or the Beauty Blender will do the trick. Then I just powder and set the concealer with Maybelline's Fit Me! Matte + Powerless Pressed Powder in Translucent. The results I get is a very beautiful, natural and bright complexion.


I do recommend using a setting spray to elongate the wear of this concealer. I do notice a bit of creasing and cake-up happening by the end of the day. From a distance, its not very noticeable, but up close, you can definitely see where it has settled in my fine lines. So this concealer is definitely for those days that you only need to be presentable for a few hours, it is not long lasting even though "SuperStay" is in its name.
Although it doesn't last long, I am still pleased with the bright complexion it gives my skin, and knowing that it contains such a powerful form of Vitamin C (Actyl-C), makes me like the concealer even more. You know how I am like with Vitamin C for the skin.

Have you tried this concealer yet? How well does it last on your skin? What tricks do you use to keep it lasting longer? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review