HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Palette Review

This is one of my FAVORITE palettes I have ever purchased through YouTube hype! 
This $62.00 palette holds three shades of Hourglass's line of Ambient Lighting Powders.
From left to right you have; Dim Light (Neutral Peach Beige), Incandescent Light (Champagne Cool-Tone Pink), and Radiant Light (Golden Warm Beige). Incandescent Light happens to be exclusive to this palette, and this palette is sold exclusively in Sephora. That is just perfect (sarcasm) because Incandescent Light happens to be my favorite, meaning (if) I finish that one particular powder, I am going to have to repurchase the whole palette again. That being said, all of these shades happen to be universally flattering on my skintone, so sooner or later, I will being using up all three powders because I enjoy all three of them.


The quality of these finishing powders are wonderful. They are smooth to the touch, not powdery but buttery, and they sheer out into a beautiful shimmer veil onto the skin. The shimmer is microscopic, so it creates this healthy-looking glow to your complexion without making it obvious. 


My favorite way of using these are to brighten my eye area, as well as, highlight my cheekbones. It is rare for me to use these as a finishing powder because even though the shimmer is very refined, its still a little to shimmer-luster for me to go about my day with it on. They are great for night wear, but I'm a day-owl and hardly venture out late into the night. (I like to be in bed by 11PM.)

This palette is a great value in my eyes. Even though adding all three of the powders together (9.9 g), you only get roughly the same amount of a full size Ambient Lighting Powder, (10 g @ $46.00), you still get three colors versus one color. Trust me, this palette will last you a lifetime. I had this palette for over a year, and I still have not made a dent on it. I admit, I don't use it as often as I should, but even if you do use it everyday, I see it lasting for more than a year. It's a good investment and it contains the best colors out of the Ambient Lighting Powders in my opinion. However, I do want to get Ethereal Light someday...and Mood Light is also calling my name.

Have you tried these highly demanded finishing powders yet? Which color do you use and do you like it? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review