Physicians Formula Argan Wear Primer 2-in-1 Argan Oil & Coconut Water Primer Review

First of all, the packaging is beautiful. That was the first selling point. The second selling point was the words "COCONUT WATER". The third selling point was the word, "PRIMER". Coconut Water with Argan Oil that is a primer for the face. Now I've got to try this!
Physicians Formula claims this primer is, "a light, refreshing and ultra-hydrating blend of 100% pure Argan Oil and 100% pure Organic Coconut Water that provides priming, hydrating and brightening benefits, all-in-1!"


Argan Oil is already a well-known ingredient that improves skin's brightness, tone, texture, and elasticity. Coconut Water has also been in the beauty industry for a while, but has been getting more popular in the recent years. It is know to help with rebalancing and the rehydration of the skin; it also helps control shine, while giving the skin a natural glow.

Because it is an oil on top of water, this is a bi-phase product, so you will need to give it a good shake before use.

I did have a few problems when I first tried this. I did what I usually do when using a spray primer, which is spraying the product directly on my face from a 6 to 8 inch distance, and allow the product air-dry. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the product felt on my skin. Then I noticed how long it took for the product to dry. When it finally dried, I noticed my skin had a dry crust layer that started rubbing off when I applied my foundation. It turns out that the product actually separates as it dries on your skin, creating a slightly white-transluscet crust on top of the skin. Ew. Finally I noticed the mess the spray made on the surfaces the product landed on. It was all over my table, laptop, drawers...it was an oily mess! 
So how did I work around this problem? I discovered the technique when I tried this product on my arms. Physicians Formula said it can also be used on your body and hair. When I sprayed the product on my arms, I rubbed it in, and I noticed not only did it cut the dry time in half, but there was no crust. So the next time I tried it on my face, I did two sprays in one hand, rubbed my hands together, and applied it to my face. Voila! It worked!

Not only does it work great as a face primer, but it also gives my skin a beautiful glow. My skin also feels supple and properly moisturized every time I use this Primer. The best news?! My skin stays moisturized and glowy all day long! I didn't need to blot and my skin didn't look shiny, it just looks healthy and beautiful! I am definitely going to keep using this.

Now, for the body, it is actually a great product to use if you want a nice glow for the day. The Argan Oil sinks into the skin quickly, and your skin does not feel greasy. 

For the hair, it actually made my hair feel a bit tacky, but what I do is use it as a hair-oil mask before washing it. That way my hair is able to absorb the benefits of the Argan Oil and Coconut Water before I wash it away. Afterwards, my hair felt healthy and smooth, even after I blow dried it.

Beware of the scent. Physicians Formula loves to describe the scent of the Argan Wear line as exotic, but I like to describe it as "special"...but not in a good way, and the scent is strong, very strong. This primer smells a bit off compared to the other Argan Wear line I have tried so far. To me it has a bit of a fishy odor to it. Don't worry, the scent does not linger. You just have to suffer a bit while you are applying it on. 

Have you tried this Argan Wear Primer yet? What are your experiences with it? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review