Smashbox 24Hr PhotoFinish Shadow Primer Review

To be completely honest...I find that most eyeshadow primers (Highend and Drugstore) all work relatively the same for me. They all prolong the wear of my eyeshadows, intensify the shadow's color, and makes the shadow application process a bit easier to apply. Of course, some work better than others. So I guess the question is whether this Smashbox 24Hr Photofinish Shadow Primer works better than most that I have tried?


The answer is yes! 

At first I did not notice the subtle difference because I used Urban Decay Eyeshadows, and Urban Decay is known for their long-lasting, extremely pigmented eyeshadows, so I couldn't tell if it was the eyeshadow or the primer that is amazing. Than I decided to test the primer with the L'oreal La Nude 2 Eyeshadow Palette and BAM!, there was the difference. Without the primer the shadows look faint and quite pitiful. On top of the primer the colors are more intense and vibrant. Once the shadows settle, the colors do not budge, no matter how I much I rubbed at them. Only a few eyeshadow primers has impressed me like this; the Urban Decay Primer Potion is being one of them. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, elfcosmetics have a few great ones that range from $2.00-$4.00! 


I also like the texture of this primer. It's not the usual silicone, silky-thin texture that I experience with most eyeshadow primers. The Smashbox 24Hr PhotoFinish Shadow Primer has more of a smooth, creamy texture. It reminds me of the Benefit POREfessional Face Primer and the L'oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base Primer (both I happen to really like). The eyeshadow primer goes on smoothly and spreads quite easily. You do need to wait for it to set before applying on the eyeshadows because the primer is still too tacky. 


Overall, this is quite an eyeshadow primer! My eye look lasts all day long! I am pretty sure if I slept in it (not that I would), my eye look will still look amazing in the morning! That's how budge-proof it is! The full size costs $21.00, which is not bad because this tube will actually last forever since a little goes a long way!

What eyeshadow primer are you using at the moment? Is it any good? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review