My "Summer" Bronzers/Shimmers/Highlights [For Face & Body]

When it comes to Summer, there is no mistakenly that I will get a tan because I tend to go hiking a lot more than usual, and I HAVE TO go to the beach at least once! Sometimes getting a tan can cause discoloration on the skin because the sun does not hit every part of the body equally especially the face area with all it's curves and dips and humps. So here are the products that I have to using and trying to emphasize my summer glow, either on my face or body.


I have already did a full in-depth review of each product, so I am just going to give you an overview and tell you what I like and what I don't like, because there are definitely a few products I do not like. (I will provide links to the full reviews, if you are interested.)

This Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlighters is one of my favorites of the bunch. It is a cream to powder finish, and it provides the most beautiful, sweet sheen to my cheekbones! I simple adore using it, and because it is in a stick form, it is so easy to apply on.


The Lancome Summer Belle De Teint Collection. There is the trio bronzing powder that is beauftiul at evening out my skintone, while there is the trio bronzing oil, that does nothing when it comes to giving me color, but everything in giving me a load of shimmer! 

Speaking of body shimmers, if you don't like the idea of rubbing oil on your skin, this Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Luminous powder gives the skin just as much shimmer, and the shimmer stays on your skin until you wash it off...or dive into a pool.

Now let's talk about more illumination to the skin. These Argan Enlighten Illuminizers from Josie Maran are beautiful and looks very natural. It makes your skin look healthy with a natural glow. I enjoy using the powder more than the liquid even though they give the skin the same nude glow.

Here are some more face illuminators that I absolutely love! This is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, and if you love the J.Lo glow, these powders will give you just that. My favorite is the one in the middle, Incandescent Light, which happens to be exclusive to this palette. The other two, Dim Light and Radiant Light is beautiful as well, and they can be purchased in their full sizes.


For bronzers, I have been testing this palette from Too Faced. It contains four powders, the popular Chocolate Soleil (my favorite of the four), a golden sparkle, Powdered Sun (this one is discontinued), Sun Bunny, a rosy bronze (which I like to use as a blush), and finally, Snow Bunny, a golden-sparkle bronze powder (I do believe this is reformulated now). Of the four powders, I only like the Chocolate Soleil and Sun Bunny. The other two, I do not care for. 

Finally but not least, we have Tarte's Maracuja Bronzing Serum. Even though Tarte claims this will eventually give your skin some color, I saw no such thing to my skin. I still use it because of its moisturizing benefits that I do see and feel on my skin.

There you have it. I know these are all high end products, but these are the bronzers/shimmers/hightlights I have been testing out in the past two months. Some were great, some were so-so, and some were just straight out horrible. 

Have you tried any of these products out yet? How do you like them? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review