Josie Maran Argan Enlighten Illuminators Review


Infused with the intense hydrating ingregrient, Argan Oil, these  illuminating products do not only "enlighten" you skin, but heals and moisturizes as well.

Now obviously the ones that I have are not in the full sizes. I was fortunate enough to get some travel size ones to test out from a Sephora 500pt perk not too long ago. Both of these products are meant to give the skin an illuminous glow, and after trying them a few times, I do like the beautiful sheen it gives, but I also have issues with both products.


Let's talk about the Argan Enlighten Illuminizer first. The full size is $26.00 for 0.5 fl oz. The color is a beautiful, warm peach-champagne. It can be used alone or mixed with moisturizers, foundations, and primers. I prefer to use this alone as a cheek highlight. Just dab a few dots along the cheekbone and blend, and the cheeks have a beautiful J.Lo glow. It's quite exquisite. 


The thing that bugs me the most about this mousse-cream product is that this dries fast! You need to make sure you blend the product out right away or the product will look streaky and splotchy. Even though I do like the sheen it gives my skin, I do not like the stress I go through trying to blend this product out in time before it sets. 

Now the Argan Enlighten Illuminating Veil is a great alternative to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. It costs $30.00 for 0.28 oz of product.While the Hourglass is $46.00 for 0.35 oz of product. The Josie Maran Argan Enlighten Illuminating Veil gives the same beautiful, iridescent sheen to the face that the popular Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders do, but the texture is different. Because the Veil is infused with Argan Oil, the powder feel a bit moist and heavy. I can see this being great for those that have dry skin, but for an oil-combo girl like myself, this powder can be a bit hydrating for me. When I do use this powder, I use it sparingly and only on my cheekbones.


Don't get me wrong, these are beautiful, great quality products. I love the color. They give the skin a beautiful, natural glow. I appreciate the Argan Oil, among other skin benefiting ingredients these are infused with. It's just not right for my skin type.

Have you tried these products before? How did it work for you? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. Hello Alice,
    I love it!
    And the shade is great!
    Nice review!
    xx
    Hope you ll join my giveaway,only 3 days left:
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2016/07/mon-bloganniversaire-concours-international-avec-k-k-labs-my-blog-anniversary-international-contest-with-k-k-labs.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review