Bronzers: e.l.f Studio Bronzer Palette Review

You can find this Palette available on eyeslipsface website!
 Okay, this palette looks beautiful, doesn't it? Look at it! Classic sleek, black packaging, beautiful array of different color bronzers, and to top it off, a huge mirror. All for $6.00!!!!!...
...Too bad the bronzers themselves didn't live up to its beautiful exterior. Number one complaint is not enough color! I had to pack on layer after layer to finally get some color to show on my face. The positive side of this is that you get a nice natural-looking, tanned look, but the down side, you have to pack a lot on...can we say cocoa-powder cake-face alert! 

Let's take a closer look at the colors.
There are two matte bronzers and two gold-shimmer bronzers, and yes the swatches on my arm look amazing, but in reality, trying to build enough color to show up on my skin with a powder brush was a project on its own. I did find the shimmer bronzers to have more pigment and are a bit easier to work with than the matte bronzers. The Matte bronzers felt like a brick and very dry, and it was hard to sweep any any powder up with a brush.
So I am a bit torn about this palette. It may have taken me a long time to get that sun kissed look, but once I did, my skin had a nice healthy tan look to it and it stayed on my skin for a good while. It was a great concept on e.l.f's part to come up with a palette like this, but for girls that have my skin tone or darker will only be frustrated with the color payoff. I think what e.l.f needs to do is to come out with another set of bronzers with darker shades, maybe even change the formula a bit to a softer formula. For this palette in particular, I can only see fair skin users enjoying this piece. 

(This palette is part of e.l.f's Studio Face Palette Collection. )

Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

  1. I think its good to have every kind of bronzer in one palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look versatile doesn't it? I wish it was a bit more pigmented.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review