Blushes: e.l.f Studio Blush Palettes Review

Oh geez, I had these beauties laying around for months now and I am now getting around to reviewing them. This is a prime example of a makeup hoarder. I did do a haul introducing these babies back in the beginning of June of this year...so it's been about two or so months since I bought these palettes!


Let's breakdown what these products are about and why are they one of eyeslipsface's best selling products. 


Well, they are only $6.00 per palette and in each palette there are four incredibly pigmented blushes! What more can a makeup lover with a tight budget ask for!

I believe that there is more to these palettes than e.l.f is letting on. For one thing, each blush square can be popped out and popped right back in, making me believe that e.l.f may start selling refills one day, but until that day comes, this assumption is just that, an assumption. 

Left: Light Palette & Right: Dark Palette
The blushes are all pigmented and ranges from matte to shimmery finishes. When applied to the cheeks, the blush looks incredibly smooth, almost airbrushed on. They are also a bit too pigmented, if that is ever a real problem, but you do need to use a very, very light hand or you will definitely put too much on. Fortunately, the blushes are easy to blend out. 

I like to use the e.l.f Studio Blush Brush with these blushes because of how small and layered the brush head is. It allows me to pick up a small amount of product and blend the product evenly on my cheeks.

I did read a lot of reviews on how the blushes do not stay on the cheeks. Some even say that the color disappears within an hour of wear! So I decided to test it out by applying the bright pink blush from the light palette to my naked cheeks, no primer, no foundation, nothing. I can happily say after six hours, I was still able to see the blush on my cheeks. It has faded a bit, but it was still visible.

All in all I am a huge fan. I love that you can mix and match the blushes, I love the fact that you get a variety of colors at such a great value, and I love the performance of these blushes. 

Have you tried these blush palettes yet? How did they work for you? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I'll definitely try these whenever the drugstores nearby restock these! Have you reviewed/tried their bronzer quads yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not reviewed the bronzer palette yet! I have bought it, so I will be reviewing that, the foundation palette and the contour palette soon! =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I'll definitely try these whenever the drugstores nearby restock these! Have you reviewed/tried their bronzer quads yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely review,love the shades!
    really nice blush palettes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review