Nails: Butter London "Keen" Nail Lacquer Review

*Please note* I am not reviewing Butter London Nail Lacquer as a whole, just this particular polish.



General Information as described on Butter London's Website:

"Keen", opaque, peach creme
'peach' a fond exclamation that finds Kinship."

Retail Price: $15.00

In regards to the color, the color is bold in a subtle and sophisticated way. At the beginning I did not like how it looked with my skin tone, but I think it was due to the lighting in the room because the color grew on me, especially when I am in a better lit room or if I am outside.

So the color is beautiful, however, the formula is not so beautiful.






**To really test out this polish I did not use a base or top coat.** 

The first coat applied pretty streaky, so I will have to conclude that a base coat is a must when using this nail polish. The second coat was a bit easier to apply, but the application process is not consistent. Some nails were applied a bit too heavy and the rest were applied perfectly. 

The brush is part of the reason why the polish application is so inconsistent. The brush is this tiny with flimsy bristles causing polish application to be streaky and uneven. All in all, it was not my favorite nail painting session to date. 

RELATED POST: NAILTINI: FRAPPE #104

The good news about the formula is that dry time is decent. Two coats took about two hours to dry. 
Left: Day 1 & Right: Day 4
So how long does the polish stay chip-free on the nails? The answer to that is not very long at all. I had a few chips within the first day, and by day four, my nails looked pretty bad. So a top coat is a must!
Overall, I am not a huge fan of the formula of this polish, however, the color is beautiful and sophisticated, perfect for an office work environment. 

What is your favorite peachy nail polish? Any recommendations?
Happy Wandering!

Comments

  1. I am in love with the Keen color ,sad to know that formula isn't good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review