Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Matte Eye Pencil Review

Initially I was impressed with how black this Kajal Matte Eye Pencil swatched on the back of my hand. I also love the fact that it is also Matte, which is a nice change since I had a lot of experiences where a liner will claim to be matte, but it still have a shine to it. 

Then I used it on my eyes...

...and it gave me panda eyes. Not cute at all. At first, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and blamed the smudging on the Revlon Mascara I was using since I knew that product smudged. So the next time I tried it, I did not use any mascara at all and I had the same results. I'm not talking about a little a bit of smudge where a slight swipe of the finger will take it away. I'm talking about, I look like I slept in my makeup eyeliner smudge. There are definite large rings of black along my bottom lash lines. I was not pleased.


It's really a shame that this liner smudges so terribly on me because I really do like how jet black it is. It doesn't glide on like a gel pencil would, but the application process is not bad, and the product is also not so soft where the liner will keep breaking off every time you sharpen. That is one of my pet peeves about pencil liners. 


I don't care too much for the sponge smudger at the other end of the pencil. The sponge feels a bit rough, and it definitely pulls and scratches more than smudging out the liner, not that the liner needs help with smudging.

Overall, this is not my favorite black liner to use. I am most likely never going to use this pencil again because of how bad it looks within a few hours of wear. This is definitely not for those that have oily eyelids, and it is definitely not for hot humid weather, and definitely do not something you want to where near a pool or the ocean or any form of water. The smudging will lessen if you set it with a black eyeshadow, but who really has time for that?

Have you tried this liner yet? How did you work around the smudging? Let me know your tricks!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review