Formula X & Kat Von D Collab: "POE"


For me, this is the most unique color in this collaboration between Kat Von D and Formula X. It is a deep navy, almost purple, with multi-glitter mixed in. Not the ideal lip color for the average individual but a unique color nevertheless, and absolutely beautiful on the nails.


Kat Von D's Lipstick Formula is a bit gritty because of the glitter but it doesn't feel uncomfortable. It is definitely a color that is out of my comfort zone, but it is still quite unique.
Formula X did a beautiful job at replicating Poe's color in  a Nail Polish form. On the nails the glitter is actually quite muted by the blue pigment, but I figured a trick (by accident) to bring the glitter out. Take a cotton pad with very little bit of nail polish remover and take off the first layer of the polish. Do not rub to hard, but use soft circular motions. You will see the blue layer will come off, leaving behind the glitter and the bottom blue layer. Apply a top coat to seal the polish, and you have a beautiful galaxy of glitter set of nails. 


I am sure you already know that I love the nail polish. Because of the color, I most likely will not reach for the lipstick again until Halloween or when I do artistic fantasy makeup. However, I am happy to have such an extraordinary deep glitter navy in my makeup collection.

What is your favorite weird lip color you have in your collection? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review